• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board Nov 20

Takami86

what about in this file?

Triumph_MAC

what about in this file?
That one shows your stats. You have a solid degree and GPA.

notacoverband

Thanks so much everyone for updating the sheet. Really excited to see who gets picked as it looks like we have a real variety of people applying. Guess the one thing we can't account for is the quality of the packages and how they're put together but will still be very interesting to track.

Triumph_MAC

Thanks so much everyone for updating the sheet. Really excited to see who gets picked as it looks like we have a real variety of people applying. Guess the one thing we can't account for is the quality of the packages and how they're put together but will still be very interesting to track.
It would be nice if all 136 applicants for 1830 and the other designators had their info on the spread sheet. Then we would have a real gauge of how everyone's stats compare. I know my package was geared towards aviation as those were my first and second choice so I'm worried that will be a factor against the quality of my kit by the INTEL board.
None the less, I'm eager to see how all of this turns out for everyone.

subreservist

It only took about 2 weeks. I had applied for an age waiver for aviation and OAR for intel. Both were approved.

I'm genuinely surprised they approved the age waiver. They recently raised the age in the PA, and with so many applicants already applying aviation that they would consider applicants beyond the new age threshold is interesting.

BasketballisLife

I have a nuanced questioned so I'll try to be as clear as possible. I sent my package in mid September and immediately received a confirmation email from either Paul Celestin or CNRC. A day later I received the N33 letter "qualified for commissioning." Around October 3rd my JST was updated with a few courses I completed over the summer, so I sent an updated copy of my JST and sent the most recent one to Paul Celestin on October 4. I also received a 4th interview appraisal from an O-6 on October 7 (I wanted to add this one because he's a heavy hitter in the 1830 community) and sent it to Paul Celestin on October 7 as well. Paul responded both times stating he'd add both documents to my file.

My question is, would Paul Celestin put the supporting documents received after my package, in the correct order before it goes to the board? Or would the additional interview appraisal and updated JST be seen at the back of the rest of my package? My mentor harped on following the OCS checklist, 1420 instruction, and order of the documents to the T (because boards look for any reason to reject packages when there are hundreds to go through). Maybe I'm overthinking this. @exNavyOffRec I was wondering if you could speak on this as well Sir? My fear is that the additional documents might be seen at the end of my package (not in the correct order of the OCS checklist) and it'll be a red flag that it's not in the correct order.

exNavyOffRec

I have a nuanced questioned so I'll try to be as clear as possible. I sent my package in mid September and immediately received a confirmation email from either Paul Celestin or CNRC. A day later I received the N33 letter "qualified for commissioning." Around October 3rd my JST was updated with a few courses I completed over the summer, so I sent an updated copy of my JST and sent the most recent one to Paul Celestin on October 4. I also received a 4th interview appraisal from an O-6 on October 7 (I wanted to add this one because he's a heavy hitter in the 1830 community) and sent it to Paul Celestin on October 7 as well. Paul responded both times stating he'd add both documents to my file.

My question is, would Paul Celestin put the supporting documents received after my package, in the correct order before it goes to the board? Or would the additional interview appraisal and updated JST be seen at the back of the rest of my package? My mentor harped on following the OCS checklist, 1420 instruction, and order of the documents to the T (because boards look for any reason to reject packages when there are hundreds to go through). Maybe I'm overthinking this. @exNavyOffRec I was wondering if you could speak on this as well Sir? My fear is that the additional documents might be seen at the end of my package (not in the correct order of the OCS checklist) and it'll be a red flag that it's not in the correct order.
The applications used to be sent in as one large file, in the new system they started breaking them up, the reason for them to be in correct order is not for the board but for the processors to make sure items are uploaded quickly and the right order.

Paul would put the documents where they go, and you are lucky as they have no obligation to update the application once submitted.

Your mentor is wrong, they look for substantial reasons to reject, not something petty as correct order, often they go over items so fast they barely notice spelling errors.

Appraisals for communities like Supply, IWC, and CEC are nice, but it comes down to are you the best qualified, I had a candidate who was applying for CEC and had an appraisal/LOR from a flag officer in the CEC community that worked in DC, there are few flag officers in the CEC btw, even with that LOR my candidate was not selected, he was not the best qualified.

BasketballisLife

The applications used to be sent in as one large file, in the new system they started breaking them up, the reason for them to be in correct order is not for the board but for the processors to make sure items are uploaded quickly and the right order.

Paul would put the documents where they go, and you are lucky as they have no obligation to update the application once submitted.

Your mentor is wrong, they look for substantial reasons to reject, not something petty as correct order, often they go over items so fast they barely notice spelling errors.

Appraisals for communities like Supply, IWC, and CEC are nice, but it comes down to are you the best qualified, I had a candidate who was applying for CEC and had an appraisal/LOR from a flag officer in the CEC community that worked in DC, there are few flag officers in the CEC btw, even with that LOR my candidate was not selected, he was not the best qualified.
Good to know. That just put my mind at ease. Thank you for the prompt response.

Triumph_MAC

I would concur with the best qualified. I had an interview from an O8 who is very well known in the aviation and NRC community which was set up by some of his peers in the same community after interviews with them. Based on what some other Officers had told me, that was a really good appraisal to have and it would "weigh heavily in my favor". Ultimately I was PRO REC'd N for both SNA and NFO. Hard to say if it was age, TIS, ASTB score or something else that didn't get me selected. Either way, regardless of the interview, I wasn't the best qualified based on the board.

exNavyOffRec

I would concur with the best qualified. I had an interview from an O8 who is very well known in the aviation and NRC community which was set up by some of his peers in the same community after interviews with them. Based on what some other Officers had told me, that was a really good appraisal to have and it would "weigh heavily in my favor". Ultimately I was PRO REC'd N for both SNA and NFO. Hard to say if it was age, TIS, ASTB score or something else that didn't get me selected. Either way, regardless of the interview, I wasn't the best qualified based on the board.
Highly probable that they didn't even read it, aviation rarely looks at anything other than scores.