• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board MARCH-01-21

can anyone with actual knowledge of the selection process tell me if I have an actual shot?

Service: Active Duty Navy, 10 yr IT1. EAOS is late August 2021 so this is looking like my only shot before I get out. First time applying to OCS.
Bachelor's: 3.4 GPA, BS in Computer Information Systems.
OAR: 54
Appraisals: 1 IP O6, 1 IP O5, & 1 IP O4.
Awards: NAM X 3
Evals: NOB, Transfer EP, P.
LOR: O-6 my last CO on ship, O-6 Last XO at NCTAMS, O-4 last Dept Head at NCTAMS, O-3 Last Divo on Ship.

with my EAOS quickly approaching, I’d like to get a better idea of what my chances are.

NevarYalnal

can anyone with actual knowledge of the selection process tell me if I have an actual shot?

threads for previous boards should have an excel spreadsheet where you can see the stats of people who got picked up and you can compare against your own. did you confirm your package made it to the March board?

threads for previous boards should have an excel spreadsheet where you can see the stats of people who got picked up and you can compare against your own. did you confirm your package made it to the March board?
I got an email that my package was forwarded to the board but apparently the list for IP (the only thing I applied for) is not up yet.

NevarYalnal

@exNavyOffRec, in a previous thread you mentioned that IWC will place you someplace if there is room. Do you know if that affects why three is no list for IP, or does that indicate that there will not be an IP board?
They have been posting the weekly GENOFF dashboards in the SNA thread but it's tough sorting through the 260+ pages; the last one I remember seeing showed that they still had FY21 spots for IP/CW, whereas Intel was closed for FY21 (March board should be picking for FY22 as well though, so not sure that is too big of a concern). GENOFF dashboards also appear to update every Friday too so maybe tomorrow's will provide some additional color.

exNavyOffRec

@exNavyOffRec, in a previous thread you mentioned that IWC will place you someplace if there is room. Do you know if that affects why three is no list for IP, or does that indicate that there will not be an IP board?
They would still have an at board list even when they shift people, and usually the shifting is less than 5, so it is possible that there are no IP spots, or the list just isn't finished yet.

exNavyOffRec

Service: Active Duty Navy, 10 yr IT1. EAOS is late August 2021 so this is looking like my only shot before I get out. First time applying to OCS.
LOR: O-6 my last CO on ship, O-6 Last XO at NCTAMS, O-4 last Dept Head at NCTAMS, O-3 Last Divo on Ship.

with my EAOS quickly approaching, I’d like to get a better idea of what my chances are.
IWC is a low selection percentage anyway, so yes you have a shot just like everyone does, but how good is that shot? you have some good things but what are you going for?

Chrdavis

Going for 1820.
I'm an active duty IS1 been in for 10 years and have a small knowledge on the selection process process. I believe your package by numbers (OAR, LOR, etc) definitely makes you a qualified candidate! if you can relate your work experience to the application then I believe you will be very competitive. In the 1420 for INTEL it states prior service are highly encouraged and I would assume it works the same for IP. I am shocked you only applied for one board though.

exNavyOffRec

I'm an active duty IS1 been in for 10 years and have a small knowledge on the selection process process. I believe your package by numbers (OAR, LOR, etc) definitely makes you a qualified candidate! if you can relate your work experience to the application then I believe you will be very competitive. In the 1420 for INTEL it states prior service are highly encouraged and I would assume it works the same for IP. I am shocked you only applied for one board though.
Disregard what info the 1420 has for designators, it is out of date by many program authorization changes.

Fitzou

What do the rest of your evals look like?