• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board MARCH-01-21

Chrdavis

Great information thanks. Also, I have been using the NPC website for the required forms/instructions. I have noticed them to be outdated. Is there a more current location for these or is this it?

For instance the NPC website Fleet OCS checklist is different than the one from NRC.

zarevich

Great information thanks. Also, I have been using the NPC website for the required forms/instructions. I have noticed them to be outdated. Is there a more current location for these or is this it?

For instance the NPC website Fleet OCS checklist is different than the one from NRC.
This is where I found everything I needed and submitted my package using all the links in the below NPC web.

notacoverband

I posted an excel spreadsheet to the 30 NOV IWC Board thread. If you want to make a copy and use it here so we can all get a better picture of whose applying and getting picked up please feel free, though I did get it from someone else but asked and have yet to hear any complaints.

Chrdavis

I noticed the results for the last board several people received OAR waivers. I currently have a 49 and am curious on how you began the process for this OAR waiver? I emailed the OCM at BUPERS-31_IWC_FTC requesting it and have called him several times but no answer.

Bill427

Temporary Corpus Christi resident
Submitted mine yesterday afternoon, around 3pm EST. Not expecting any kind of confirmation until middle of next week.

mcarrs

Submitted! I can't tell you guys how bad I want this position!

Active Duty: 6 years Navy. Worked in an intelligence field as support. I have not applied before.
OAR: 48
Bachelor's: Human Resources 4.0
Master's: MBA 4.0
LoRs: Intel- O6, O4, CTNC, and civilian
Awards/qual: Federal Employee of the Year, Sailor of the Year, ESWS, JCOM, NAM, 3 FLOCS
Evals: MP, EP, MP

zarevich

Submitted! I can't tell you guys how bad I want this position!

Active Duty: 6 years Navy. Worked in an intelligence field as support. I have not applied before.
OAR: 48
Bachelor's: Human Resources 4.0
Master's: MBA 4.0
LoRs: Intel- O6, O4, CTNC, and civilian
Awards/qual: Federal Employee of the Year, Sailor of the Year, ESWS, JCOM, NAM, 3 FLOCS
Evals: MP, EP, MP
Have you submitted your waiver?

zarevich

Thanks! I should have clarified more. I have not extended past 72 months (To be more precise at 70) and no longer in.
Waiver is needed after 60montha of active duty and up to 70 months. Which after you can’t apply.

zarevich

Just because even if you are not in, when you get back in you already have over 6 years of active duty and your chances of making Captain before retiring is low. CW want captains and that is why the restriction of 60months

mcarrs

Waiver is needed after 60montha of active duty and up to 70 months. Which after you can’t apply.

Thank you. I'm not sure if my recruiter helped me do a waiver earlier in the process or not. I remember him mentioning my time in service and was aware of it. I'll have to check on Monday. Thanks for bringing this up!

zarevich

Definitely bring it up, if he didn’t request your waiver, there is still some time left to get it approved. He should also contact CW OCM to see your chances of having the waiver approved because of COVID-19. If chances are low, might as well apply for another IWC designator as a 2nd option that you are interested in.

exNavyOffRec

Definitely bring it up, if he didn’t request your waiver, there is still some time left to get it approved. He should also contact CW OCM to see your chances of having the waiver approved because of COVID-19. If chances are low, might as well apply for another IWC designator as a 2nd option that you are interested in.

Over on the Supply thread the assistant Supply OCM? said the NRC has taken back waiver authority, it sounds like a recent thing, and given how the notes are on the dashboard that does make sense, as long as the designator is listed as "open" and not "almost full or closed" a waiver shouldn't be difficult.