• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hello to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

petescheu

Vic said:
Pat,
I'm doing pretty well. Right now I hate the AF so much that I don't really care what I get, as long as I get Navy (E-6's will likely not be on my selection card). Good luck on selection Pat you've busted your arse more than anyone I know, congrats!

Wow Vic, is Easy flight really treating you that bad? I thought things were starting to get a little bit better there finally. Too bad you didn't get the F Flight experience, a good time was had by all. At least you'll enjoy track select, trust me on that one. Let me know what you get my friend, best of luck.

P-Mak: Good luck to you as well, like RB was saying the outlook for jet slots, at least the word down here, isn't looking so hot. Although you never know...

RBuster- Any word on when the Super FRS is going to open up in Oceana? I've heard all sorts of rumors about this, in addition to an article I read from a Norfolk paper about plans to build a new NAS in North Carolina to handle the new jets. Sounds like some porkbarrel politics to me, not sure if you have heard anything?

Thanks!

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
plans to build a new NAS in North Carolina to handle the new jets

I hope I don't step on Rumorbuster's toes to answer this but I am really bored on duty right now. The airfield in NC will be an Outlying Field (OLF) whose sole purpose in life is to host FCLP's. OLF Fentress is the one in VA right now and the surronding area has been significantly built up in the past few years, increasing the cultural light levels and noise complaints. By the way, don't blame the Navy, it is largely up to the local governments to control that. The Navy is trying to solve that by buying up a lot of land in NC to prevent encroachment.

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
Uh Oh Willie

http://www.nbc17.com/news/2952361/detail.html

Willie Nelson doesn't like the idea of building this OLF... Are they growing hemp out there or something?

I like this line:

"The loss of every single American farm family erodes our nation’s capacity to be food self-sufficient -- a national security priority of utmost importance."

I guess that's why we pay farmers NOT to grow certain crops.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Tell me again why they let a hick like you fly? The Navy must think there's lots of ocean located in Illinois right?

RumorBuster

Old Warrior
shoo24 said:
Wow Vic, is Easy flight really treating you that bad? I thought things were starting to get a little bit better there finally. Too bad you didn't get the F Flight experience, a good time was had by all. At least you'll enjoy track select, trust me on that one. Let me know what you get my friend, best of luck.

P-Mak: Good luck to you as well, like RB was saying the outlook for jet slots, at least the word down here, isn't looking so hot. Although you never know...

RBuster- Any word on when the Super FRS is going to open up in Oceana? I've heard all sorts of rumors about this, in addition to an article I read from a Norfolk paper about plans to build a new NAS in North Carolina to handle the new jets. Sounds like some porkbarrel politics to me, not sure if you have heard anything?

Thanks!
Shoo,

Flash is correct on the OLF issue. As far as Supers in Oceana they should start transitioning from babies to supers late 05 and start Cat 1's in 2007. Thats the best info I have right now.

dingo155

VFA-87 Paddles
RumorBuster...

I was just on the phone with a buddy who is down in K-Ville, he mentioned that there is only going to be one winging this summer (June), then not again until October... is the schedule the same for TW-1?? Hopefully this doesn't mean that those of us who go to the boat in June or August (San Diego - YAHOO!!) will have to wait until October to get winged, and if that was to happen what would they do with a bunch of soft-winged LTJGs??

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
kmac said:
Tell me again why they let a hick like you fly? The Navy must think there's lots of ocean located in Illinois right?

Must be why all the Navy recruit training is there- the big ocean.

RumorBuster

Old Warrior
dingo155 said:
RumorBuster...

I was just on the phone with a buddy who is down in K-Ville, he mentioned that there is only going to be one winging this summer (June), then not again until October... is the schedule the same for TW-1?? Hopefully this doesn't mean that those of us who go to the boat in June or August (San Diego - YAHOO!!) will have to wait until October to get winged, and if that was to happen what would they do with a bunch of soft-winged LTJGs??
Dingo,

TW-1 has wingings scheduled every month (sometimes 2) until Oct.

Jrunbel

pilot
RumorBuster-I was wondering if you could elaborate on the Harrier composite score cut-off. What are they looking for in a Harrier pilot? Any insight would be great.

RumorBuster

Old Warrior
Jrunbel said:
RumorBuster-I was wondering if you could elaborate on the Harrier composite score cut-off. What are they looking for in a Harrier pilot? Any insight would be great.
Jrunbel,

Without get to down in the weeds, It has been determined that a pilot with a composite score of less than 178 has a higher probability to run into trouble in the Harrier. This has been written in blood, as the NATOPS and so it has been made a rule by HQMC.

SpeedyJ

SNA, Meridian
Life as a married jet stud.

RumorBuster,
What is life as a jet aviator like for a married man. My wife and I have been married nearly six years and are starting a family. I hear rumors that as a jet student and aviator time with the family will be close to nil. My family is very important to me, but so is flying a great airframe. Is there any truth to the rumors? I am willing to put in the time and effort to fly jets but I don't want to sacrifice my marriage. Any advice would be helpful.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Speedy,

I can answer on the part about being a married SNA in the jet pipeline. I am married with two children a 6 and 4 year old. Some days I am gone all day long. But on other days I have tons of time to spend with my family. Other days, I MAKE time spend with the family. There are a bunch of guys here in my squadron that are married with children. Its not as bad as people say, in the piprline anyway. I feel, that its all what you make it. If you have a good marriage everything will be alright. If its a bad marriage, then it would probably go bad no matter what job you have. Well, thats my 2 cents.

Dave

thumper

Patmack,

Congrats. It's good to see somebody who worked hard end up were they wanted to be. What was the selection like this week?

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Congrats!

Well I hope to see you when you get here. Hopefully, I'll be about done when you show up. Have fun in Corpus and dont forget to use your free 10 days of house hunting leave.

Dave

petescheu

Pmak-
Well done man, glad that the jet drops aren't as dry as I am hearing down here. Enjoy the digital cockpit, you'll really like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.