• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hello to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

RumorBuster

Old Warrior
kmac said:
RumorBuster- what platform(s) have you flown? You obviously know quite a bit. Also, how did you find out about the forum?
LOL, Everything is public on the internet. If I mentioned my platforms you and all above me would quickly deduce who I am. So I will plead the 5th.

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
RumorBuster said:
LOL, Everything is public on the internet. If I mentioned my platforms you and all above me would quickly deduce who I am. So I will plead the 5th.

Is have heard that E-6 drivers are coming in small numbers to Kingsville to be 45 IPs. Is this true? Are there any E-6 guys at Meridian as IPs? If any of this is true, what is the thinking behind letting these guys come from a 350,000 pound heavy to a fighter?

On a side note, 12 hours to wings, WHOHOO!!!! :icon_mi_1
On another side note, 100th post!

RumorBuster

Old Warrior
Dawgfan said:
If there are 4 of us who are putting Prowlers down for our first choice (1.5 hour from Seattle and Vancouver... mountains and water that isn't brown) in May, is there anything that can be done to spread them out a bit so there can be more than one happy person? IE putting the word up the chain that rather than making an april wingee unhappy by sticking him in a slot he doesn't want, there's 4 people that would love his slot in May?

Also, our LSO's say that Kingsville guys get a lot more helpful chatter on the ball from the their LSOs. I guess I'll find out next week.

Gracias
My assumtion on the Prowler issue is that you are Navy. If so go to your XO (squdaron input is a factor) and see what can be done. If you are Marine, go to your senior Marine and he might be able to get 2 slots. As far as the LSO issue SNA boarding rates are mostly equal (Kville slightly higher last boat). On the march boat Kvile had 1 DQ as did Meridian, so we were equal there. Good luck at the boat. You will never forget it....Let me know how you do.....Remember, If it were easy we would let the Air Force Do It....

reapergm

ok... I got a few... PRK?! Being waivered or not? Some say yes, some say no. What about flight school... Does age or exact eye refraction make any difference in the selection or pipeline process? Aside from grades, what do you know about USMC pipelines of the Jets vs. Helos? Anything aside from grades to help get into the jet pipeline?

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is there anything this guy doesn't know?????

Seriously RumorBuster, I think I have learned more from your 2 days worth of posts than I have from any other single person. I don't know who you are, but I'm definitely glad you are posting here now. Your replies seem to always be helpful, factual, and to the point. THANK YOU FOR THE LACK OF BS POSTS! Also, the post you made about final selection was very informative to a rookie like me. Thanks.

RumorBuster

Old Warrior
reapergm said:
ok... I got a few... PRK?! Being waivered or not? Some say yes, some say no. What about flight school... Does age or exact eye refraction make any difference in the selection or pipeline process? Aside from grades, what do you know about USMC pipelines of the Jets vs. Helos? Anything aside from grades to help get into the jet pipeline?
Little diclamer here: Due to info changing so fast sometimes, I try to give the best answer I know and it is most accurate at the time I give it. With that said. Navy is accepting PRK at this time. I know of several SNAs that have had it and are in training at this time. Vision standards are you must be correctable to 20/20. Age waiver--- Marines are not giving age waviers at this time. Navy still is. As far as pipe lines, I need more specific details of your question. It is a broad topic. I have a good contact at north field if I don't know the answer. I just need you to fine-tune your question...

RumorBuster

Old Warrior
ben said:
Seriously RumorBuster, I think I have learned more from your 2 days worth of posts than I have from any other single person. I don't know who you are, but I'm definitely glad you are posting here now. Your replies seem to always be helpful, factual, and to the point. THANK YOU FOR THE LACK OF BS POSTS! Also, the post you made about final selection was very informative to a rookie like me. Thanks.
Thanks, I will try to give the best answer I can. My only reservation is that some members (ones at meridian) will stop posting due to my being here. I hope this is not the case for it is important to me to give professional help and feed back to those who want anwers on this great topic of flying jets and Navy/Marine Air.

im1lkygrl

proud sna wife :)
Thanks for a great post!!

Hi to all!! I am a navy wife and i am new to this post forum. I know about airwarriors because my husband is always looking over the post. :) I thought I would read them myself and get updates on ocs. I found the new post from rumorbuster and thought maybe I could post him or anyone else some questions. My husband applied for ocs in january 04, He got the call that he was professionally reccomended and the next step was the big guy signing off on it. Last friday they called back stating that the "big guy" signed the final papers and they will call back with his class start date. How long does it take to get a class date? He was accepted for pilot, He has been in the navy for 8.5 years and this is what he has always wanted. I was just wondering myself how long it will take for him to actually get there and get started. I have read alot about how busy everything is going to be. I think each of you for posting great questions and answers for this navy wife to read and learn.

RumorBuster

Old Warrior
im1lkygrl said:
Hi to all!! I am a navy wife and i am new to this post forum. I know about airwarriors because my husband is always looking over the post. :) I thought I would read them myself and get updates on ocs. I found the new post from rumorbuster and thought maybe I could post him or anyone else some questions. My husband applied for ocs in january 04, He got the call that he was professionally reccomended and the next step was the big guy signing off on it. Last friday they called back stating that the "big guy" signed the final papers and they will call back with his class start date. How long does it take to get a class date? He was accepted for pilot, He has been in the navy for 8.5 years and this is what he has always wanted. I was just wondering myself how long it will take for him to actually get there and get started. I have read alot about how busy everything is going to be. I think each of you for posting great questions and answers for this navy wife to read and learn.
I wish I could give you an accurate and factual answer but most of my knowledge is limited to to the Strike (Jets) pipeline.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Judging by the timestamp I guess you're winged already Jaxs, but congrats anyway . . . :)

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
RumorBuster,

I have a question for you that I am asked by guys in primary. What is the status for primary selectees for jets. Some of the primary studs have said that there have been numerous Navy studs finishing primary with high NSS's (68 and above) that put down jets and dont get them. Has the pipeline closed or should I say slowed wayyy down or are the primary studs just not spilling the beans on their true NSS. Anyway just curious.

Dave

Vic

Your MOM!
pilot
RumorBuster,
What do you have to say about SNA coming from the T-6. Are they better, worse or does it matter? I select in two weeks and I feel I have a disadvantage because of the way they grade here at Moody. All I can say is that I can't wait to go back to the Navy, no matter what I fly.

RumorBuster

Old Warrior
EODDave said:
RumorBuster,

I have a question for you that I am asked by guys in primary. What is the status for primary selectees for jets. Some of the primary studs have said that there have been numerous Navy studs finishing primary with high NSS's (68 and above) that put down jets and dont get them. Has the pipeline closed or should I say slowed wayyy down or are the primary studs just not spilling the beans on their true NSS. Anyway just curious.

Dave
Navy has slowed way down. They have over produced and are only giving 1 slot per selection (occasionally an exception) for the top of the selection. #1 almost always gets his choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.