• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY16 IDC DCO Board (Jan 16)

If you applied, select the designator(s) you applied for

• 1805 METOC

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 1815 IW

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • 1825 IP

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • 1835 INTEL

Votes: 26 76.5%

• Total voters

Hair Warrior

Contributor
The 1805 LT was a former officer.

"h. All recommended prior service commissioned officers shall be commissioned at their last commissioned rank. Recruiters are instructed to reset time-in-grade clocks for any professionally recommended candidates that will be commissioned in the grade of O3 so as to not disadvantage or hinder the candidate's future promotion opportunities."

The 1805 LT was a former officer.

"h. All recommended prior service commissioned officers shall be commissioned at their last commissioned rank. Recruiters are instructed to reset time-in-grade clocks for any professionally recommended candidates that will be commissioned in the grade of O3 so as to not disadvantage or hinder the candidate's future promotion opportunities."
Oh ok, Got it. Thanks.

ryblyguy

Hello everyone, I guess I`m the lone 1805 candidate. Here's to hoping there is more than 2 slot available. Since the board is now once a year, could one conclude that the available positions per board would increase? Best of luck to all FY16 applicants!

ryblyguy

@fieldrat Considering this is the first annual board we have no basis to conclude either way. All I know, based off the information provided in previous posts, the available slots for 1805 range anywhere from 0-2 per board so I'm praying for 2-3 1805 hires.

Hello everyone, I guess I`m the lone 1805 candidate. Here's to hoping there is more than 2 slot available. Since the board is now once a year, could one conclude that the available positions per board would increase? Best of luck to all FY16 applicants!
Best of luck @ryblyguy . I am also curious about your background similar to @Hair Warriors? questions and was asking similar questions earlier on this thread. Interesting field...

ryblyguy

@Fleet_saile and @Hair Warriors? I have a BS in Environmental Science and Mathematics, 15 Years Experience serving Active Duty Air Force (8)/Guard (3) and Reserves (4) as an Enlisted Weather Forecaster. I have also worked 2 years as a DOD Meteorological Contractor (L-3) and 3 years as a GS-9 Federal Meteorological Technician (Current). As far as Stats, I`m not sure exactly what your looking for, but my combined GPA is a 3.2.

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
@Fleet_saile and @Hair Warriors? I have a BS in Environmental Science and Mathematics, 15 Years Experience serving Active Duty Air Force (8)/Guard (3) and Reserves (4) as an Enlisted Weather Forecaster. I have also worked 2 years as a DOD Meteorological Contractor (L-3) and 3 years as a GS-9 Federal Meteorological Technician (Current). As far as Stats, I`m not sure exactly what your looking for, but my combined GPA is a 3.2.
I think as long as your GPA is above the minimum, and you have whatever credentials are standard in your field, you're in a pretty good position. Your work experience is quite extensive.

ryblyguy

I think as long as your GPA is above the minimum, and you have whatever credentials are standard in your field, you're in a pretty good position. Your work experience is quite extensive.

The officers on my interview panel told me that they had previously interviewed an 1805 candidate with their doctorates, but no experience. I feel like I'm on the other end of the spectrum, tons of work/leadership experience yet the minimum educational requirements. I`m not quite sure what the DCO selection board would favor more in regards to weighing experience vs. education. In the operational meteorology/oceanography field, most would conclude that experience prevails due to college curriculums leaning heavily towards theory and away from the operational aspects.