• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY16 IDC DCO Board (Jan 16)

If you applied, select the designator(s) you applied for

• 1805 METOC

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 1815 IW

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • 1825 IP

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • 1835 INTEL

Votes: 26 76.5%

• Total voters

exNavyOffRec

Yes, they do, in the sense that the unit OIC has to write a confidence level (and summary) for candidates in his/her region, basically indicating "I have a billet waiting for this person if selected." Thus, there are only so many "100% confidence" ratings to go around. The board in Millington would not select 50 applicants from NRD Richmond and zero from the other regions.
My nrd went for many boards without an idc dco selection, funny you mentioned Richmond as that is where the majority of selects came from, not sure if it still like that, but it is best qualified.

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Got an email from my recruiter yesterday, saying the processor was missing two academic transcripts from my kit, even though I've sent them in twice already. Thankfully I was able to call one old college and have my account turned back on, and do some self-service ordering. For the other school, they are able to process it with an emailed request. I was able to photoshop my previous request form to change the dates (keeping the signature on it). Everything got sorted out in under an hour and cost me less than $15.

What's the lesson here?
  1. Keep a good attitude. Your recruiter is on your side, as long as you don't piss them off
  2. Hurry-up-and-wait is a real thing.
  3. At some point in the process, you paperwork will get lost. Don't sweat it, just think through the problem and you can probably find a way to solve it without having to drive to the NOSC (45 mins w/o traffic in my case).
  4. Be prepared to pay to make problems go away. (my transcripts are normally $5 each in person, but online ordering almost triples the cost).
  5. Just because they say university emailed transcripts are acceptable, doesn't mean they are. Processors are trained to look for certain information in certain places/documents. It's just way easier to have it mailed.
  6. Keep copies of everything. No, really. Every-thing. (I scan everything, and keep a copy in Google Drive; makes impromptu emails from the recruiter easier to deal with.

cmdeane

Hello all, it has taken me a year to get to this point.

I applied for IP\Intel\IW and I was at the September board at Andrews AirForce Base that everyone said wouldnt happen.

Out of the entire WDC region, only 12 people were selected to meet the board, only 9 of which on the day - showed up. ;/

I read that of the people who went to the board (9) in my region, 39% will be accepted.

I am anxiously awaiting the results, but I wonder what I am up against.

The people who I went in with were all ex-FBI or CIA agents, or some people with connections on the hill.

Not really that high on education though.

What are your credentials?

I am 10 years in IT, team leadership roles for a good 8 years of it, MIS degree, a few entry level certifications, but other than that just an average 32 year old IT Staffer.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I applied for IP\Intel\IW and I was at the September board at Andrews AirForce Base that everyone said wouldnt happen.
Do you mean that you did your D.C. region officer panel interviews at JB Andrews in September? The board in September that folks said was canceled was the Navy-wide IDC Board based in Millington where they select candidates from across all NRD regions.

cmdeane

I was told my packet has now been sent to National, I guess where everyone else is now waiting as well.

exNavyOffRec

Hello all, it has taken me a year to get to this point.

Out of the entire WDC region, only 12 people were selected to meet the board, only 9 of which on the day - showed up. ;/

I read that of the people who went to the board (9) in my region, 39% will be accepted.

I am anxiously awaiting the results, but I wonder what I am up against.

The people who I went in with were all ex-FBI or CIA agents, or some people with connections on the hill.

Not really that high on education though.

What are your credentials?

I am 10 years in IT, team leadership roles for a good 8 years of it, MIS degree, a few entry level certifications, but other than that just an average 32 year old IT Staffer.

They can't say how many will be accepted from an NRD, it is a national board with best qualified being selected.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Guessing that 25 Jan is your birthday or something...?
25 Jan is the first business day after the FY16 IDC DCO Board makes its professional recommendations. The results usually get posted Friday at COB but the recruiters don't see them/ act on them until the following week. That Monday's typically the first opportunity to hear if you got Pro Rec Y or not.

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
25 Jan is the first business day after the FY16 IDC DCO Board makes its professional recommendations. The results usually get posted Friday at COB but the recruiters don't see them/ act on them until the following week. That Monday's typically the first opportunity to hear if you got Pro Rec Y or not.
Ah, I'm definitely waiting on the answer, but I'm trying to not get to spun-up about it.