• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY16 IDC DCO Board (Jan 16)

If you applied, select the designator(s) you applied for

• 1805 METOC

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 1815 IW

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • 1825 IP

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • 1835 INTEL

Votes: 26 76.5%

• Total voters
@cmdeane , yes , I did. I am applying for all. I heard that the board meets on 18 Jan, which is a federal holiday. I am not sure how long it will take to get the result if they meet on 18/19 Jan. How about you? What are you applying for?

cmdeane

@cmdeane , yes , I did. I am applying for all. I heard that the board meets on 18 Jan, which is a federal holiday. I am not sure how long it will take to get the result if they meet on 18/19 Jan. How about you? What are you applying for?

yeah i actually talked to my recruiter and she says the 25th is when the news comes out earliest and most likely feb 1 is the latest

i applied for all three but ip first, intel then iw

kinda wish i did intel first , getting bored of IT but i am sure thats where i may best be selected\suited for

Sounds good. I was expecting to get some updates on the number of applicants and degrees/other aspects this board will be prioritizing. I have no clue what's going on. One of my coworker told me they selected one candidate from San Diego last year for IW, which seems to be extremely competitive. There are so many threads for IDC DCO 2015. I am sure that many of them applied this year also.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Those numbers never get released.....best to hang tight.
Selection rates do get released to the NRDs/recruiters. There is a big .pdf doc with all the names of PRO REC Y and PRO REC N by designator (the doc doesn't give total numbers, but you can count the names and calculate the selection rate).

Also, the selection rates are usually lower than the .pdf indicates, because many IWC DCO hopefuls never get past the regional interview panels and get their packet submitted to Millington.

Northshore

Allow me to re-phrase....it will never get released to us ;D and I'm referencing the the numbers going into the 2016 board...not the end result. Those numbers are usually available.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Selections from March 2015:

1805: 1 LT out of 2 (50%)
1815: 4 ENS out of 42 (9.5%)
1825: 3 ENS out of 30 (10%)
1835: 40 ENS and 2 LT out of 124 (33.9%)

Many of the non-selects applied for multiple designators, so there is some overlap.

Last edited:
Cool. I am curious why 1805 has less candidates,less competition and they get commissioned as LT instead of ENS. I think that's because of less candidate with degrees/background? I wonder if an IT/Computer Science person can apply and get commissioned as 1805 .

exNavyOffRec

Cool. I am curious why 1805 has less candidates,less competition and they get commissioned as LT instead of ENS. I think that's because of less candidate with degrees/background? I wonder if an IT/Computer Science person can apply and get commissioned as 1805 .

There can be reasons a person gets commissioned as a LT vice ensign, maybe they were a prior officer for example