• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY13 STA-21 Applicants

Do you think the numbers will go up next year?

• Total voters

Daniel White

MM3 -> YN3
No. They have to take into account that you can't help who your CO is or what rank they are. It's all about your position in the command-- if the CO can speak highly of you as one of their staff members, then regardless it's going to look good. Don't beat yourself up. The only people I've worked for in the 2 years that I've been in the Navy have been admirals. That's why I have LOR's and an LOA from senior officers. The point is, I reached out to my prior CO's and got their opinion towards me on paper. That's what really matters-- people you work for saying good things about you.

If you want proof, the person who I based my STA-21 package off of had their CO Endorsement from ADM Roughead back when he was CNO-- YEAH, THE CHIEF OF NAVAL OPERATIONS ENDORSED HIS STA-21 PACKAGE. And guess what? He didn't get accepted. I don't want to get your hopes down and say what was wrong with the package, but that just goes to show your CO's rank has little to no affect on your selection.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
I also had a frind of mine send me an example package from like 3 years ago and ADM Roughead was this person's CO ... I was thinking that if she didn't get picked up then none of the STA-21 boards members would get promoted haha ...

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
I wish I had some exciting plans for this weekend like I did last weekend cause then the time would pass by soooooo much faster ..... All I have is a butt-load of homework ... haha ... this is going to be one lonnnnggggg weekend .... :confused:

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
What do you guys think is worse?? Not being selected at all or being selected as an alternate ??? I know its good to get an alternate spot for next years board but its so heart breaking that you were soooo close and didnt get it ... I feel like theres more pain there ...

A.H.

"Billy the Kid"
I would much rather be an alternate than not selected at all. There's always the possibility of a primary select not making the cut through medical.

omararw

FY-12 Pilot Ready to fly Navy!
Just set up my Email to send me an alert when its posted on msg traffic! doubt there coming today last year it was on a friday around noon eastern time. :(

DiscoMav

FY 13 STA 21 Applicant
What do you guys think is worse?? Not being selected at all or being selected as an alternate ??? I know its good to get an alternate spot for next years board but its so heart breaking that you were soooo close and didnt get it ... I feel like theres more pain there ...
At least when you're selected as an alternate, you know how close you came. Should boost your confidence for the next year (unless you're pushing the age limits... then it just sucks). The 2 times that I had applied prior to this year, I had no idea where I was ranked-- if I was bottom of the barrel, or right at the chopping block. I'm almost glad that the results haven't come out yet-- gives me a little more time to spend with my old friend, hope.

Daniel White

MM3 -> YN3
I also had a frind of mine send me an example package from like 3 years ago and ADM Roughead was this person's CO ... I was thinking that if she didn't get picked up then none of the STA-21 boards members would get promoted haha ...

Yeah, the two applications I have and used to reference my own were both endorsed by ADM Roughead and were applications from about that time frame. One of them was accepted and the other was not.

tmcgee7

Nuke MM1
This is the first time i can remember ever wishing the weekend was already over so i can go back to work. Even though i know i'm probably just going to be anxiously watching message traffic until Friday afternoon.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
NAVADMIN 321 this is the Navadmin im going to guess will be the one.
Don't you wish that on us...lol...we are only at 309 ... Well I went to a concert last night in Tacoma so it helped Friday night go by pretty quick..now I have homework taking the rest of the weekend ... I'll be back to work in no time...if any of you guys want to take any of my calculus work,I won't object lol.....we're almost there fellas

breadandbutter

FY-12 Specwar Alternate
Being selected alternate was a tough pill to swallow at first, knowing how close I was, but after the initial heartbreak it is nice knowing that your package for the next year is already more competitive because you can state your alternate status in your statement. Knowing how close I came last year definitely gave me more confidence as I improved my package for this year. Definitely ready for these results to come out.