• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY13 STA-21 Applicants

Do you think the numbers will go up next year?

• Total voters

melodyne53

FY13 STA-21 Intel Applicant
Hey guys, I just want to say how great it was to follow this thread that last couple months. I know most of us are let down by not getting selected (myself included), but I do want to congratulate those that made it. Best of luck for the next couple of years for you guys and one day I hope to see you on the commissioned side!

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Either of the ED guys out there? Im the alternate, again. Hoping you changed your mind...;)

I know right, come on baby and change your mind. I looked at last years results and saw that some of the alternates did get picked up this year. That makes me hopeful. I am still confused about the 5 core selectees, 12 alts. Maybe its just there sign of a pat on the back. Either way I am glad to know that the only reason I didn't make it was because of the lame budget cuts.

Beastwick

Well, I won't be applying again. The option I applied for this year was CEC. The one person they picked for CEC this year was the alternate last year (in FY12). In FY12, the selectee was the alternate from FY11. In FY11, the two selectees were alternates from FY10. My EAOS is March 2014, and since I wasn't selected as an alternate this year, I won't be applying again.

A huge congratulations to everyone who was able to get selected this time around. Count your blessings, as it appears the STA-21 program is dying out.

Keith Delgado

FY-12 Med Corps Alternate
No selectees for Med Corps? All of those exhausting nights away from the family to get my package together and I feel it was a waste..

MrsBerkO

FY-11 SWO Selectee
My Husband has Similar sentiments. No Supply, IW, INTEL, HR or Med Corps is disheartening for those that only put in for that option. Essentially Nukes, some pilots and Core options were all that were selected. Only 2 SWO? That's surprising! Sorry to those that weren't selected, Congrats to those who were.

NayrbIrevlis

GM2(SCW) FY12 AND 13 INTEL APPLICANT
Congrats to those who made it. I cannot believe they didn't select anyone from Intel, I think that makes it about 100 times worse, to know all the work I put in was for no chance at all.......They should have just said they were taking any and I wouldn't have wasted my time.

Agreed.

Soup84

Prior AM2, FY-12 Pilot Select, Commissioned Dec 12
If you were selected and plan on attending Old Dominion University, Hampton University, or Norfolk State, shoot me an email. I'll get your questions answered and help you get ready for NROTC!!
Congratulations to all who made it! If you weren't selected, make yourself more competitive and reapply next year!

-OC Campbell
ecamp016@odu.edu

visanoven

ENC -> OC
Well, I won't be applying again. The option I applied for this year was CEC. The one person they picked for CEC this year was the alternate last year (in FY12). In FY12, the selectee was the alternate from FY11. In FY11, the two selectees were alternates from FY10. My EAOS is March 2014, and since I wasn't selected as an alternate this year, I won't be applying again.

A huge congratulations to everyone who was able to get selected this time around. Count your blessings, as it appears the STA-21 program is dying out.
I think that I may be finished as well, Two years as an alternate is enough for me. at this rate, if I got picked up next year, by the time I got to being an EDO I would already be at 17 years, doesnt really seem worth it. I will probably put in an LDO/CWO package next year instead.

sonarforce

FY-12 Oceano Alternate
My Husband has Similar sentiments. No Supply, IW, INTEL, HR or Med Corps is disheartening for those that only put in for that option. Essentially Nukes, some pilots and Core options were all that were selected. Only 2 SWO? That's surprising! Sorry to those that weren't selected, Congrats to those who were.
Or oceanography...just sayin'.

KevBot510

FY12 STA-21 SWO Selectee
Congrats to all who got selected. Even though the numbers suck, if you really want a commission keep at it and don't lose hope. It took me four tries at STA-21 before I finally got selected last year. If any selectees have any questions or are interested in attending Arizona State University, we have a growing NROTC Unit here and are welcoming any STA-21 Selectees. Feel free to email me any questions at kjhill5@asu.edu.

OC Hill