• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY13 STA-21 Applicants

Do you think the numbers will go up next year?

• Total voters

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
At my college, Calc and Physics were 4 credit hours apiece (16 total). I don't know if that's how your college does it. Most of the non-technical majors at my school took C&P at the local communty college. It was cheaper, less credit hours, and *ahem* easier.

MasterBates

The prototype Corvette was built in the engineering labs at mine. Along with the SBC, BBC and some other neat things, like the first Powerglide.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
I was alternate last year and never received a packet. Selectee this year, no packet yet. I'm not going to hold my breath.

I called Pensacola this morning and was asking a question. They mentioned that I should be getting the packet and they had mailed them last week.

On a separate note, I did send in my alternate information. So now I get to just wait.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
I called Pensacola this morning and was asking a question. They mentioned that I should be getting the packet and they had mailed them last week.

On a separate note, I did send in my alternate information. So now I get to just wait.

Dang popo .. you were not messing around .... how long ago did you do your physical? Im having complications ... some issues with my CBC that I need to weed out .... I started my physical at the beginning of Oct thinking I would have been fine. Should have started earlier ....

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Dang popo .. you were not messing around .... how long ago did you do your physical? Im having complications ... some issues with my CBC that I need to weed out .... I started my physical at the beginning of Oct thinking I would have been fine. Should have started earlier ....

Nope, not messing around. If there is a chance, I want it! I think I might have gotten my stuff in first. Obviously no way to tell. PM about the physical thingy and I will give you details or what not.

breadandbutter

FY-12 Specwar Alternate
Nope, not messing around. If there is a chance, I want it! I think I might have gotten my stuff in first. Obviously no way to tell. PM about the physical thingy and I will give you details or what not.
Good luck Popo & Longo. Hope some spots open up for you guys. If not you should definitely reapply, I think being alternate the previous year is a huge plus.

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
Nope, not messing around. If there is a chance, I want it! I think I might have gotten my stuff in first. Obviously no way to tell.

Good on you! That's the perfect attitude to have considering the unfavorable outcome of the results as a whole. I'm not saying I wish bad upon any of the original selectees but with your positive attitude and motivation I do hope you get that magic phone call informing you of your selection. Good luck!

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Good on you! That's the perfect attitude to have considering the unfavorable outcome of the results as a whole. I'm not saying I wish bad upon any of the original selectees but with your positive attitude and motivation I do hope you get that magic phone call informing you of your selection. Good luck!

Thanks. I don't wish anything bad on any of the original selectees. But you all can! Just kidding. They obviously were deserving of it if they got selected (this is a non-nuke statement).
But even the nukes got there turn this year. They had a ton of applicants. However, they still had a 26% selection rate.

breadandbutter

FY-12 Specwar Alternate
Thanks. I don't wish anything bad on any of the original selectees. But you all can! Just kidding. They obviously were deserving of it if they got selected (this is a non-nuke statement).
But even the nukes got there turn this year. They had a ton of applicants. However, they still had a 26% selection rate.
I wouldn't give them a 26% selection rate. I would only count those that were qualified candidates. So more like 31 selectees out of 35 qualified candidates, 89% selection rate. Really weird that almost 100 nuke packages received were not qualified. Maybe since they know this is becoming a nuke program a bunch of them just threw together whatever they could and mailed them in. I really hope this program mounts a comeback for non-nukes.