• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY13 STA-21 Applicants

Do you think the numbers will go up next year?

• Total voters

DiscoMav

FY 13 STA 21 Applicant
Looks like they selected no medical if I am reading this right. Kind of crappy they couldn't say up front that there would be no medical or supply.
Uh, yeah... real crappy. I'm going to take a few hours to let all this soak in and re-evaluate some things... little steamed... but CONGRATS TO ALL THAT DID MAKE IT!!! Glad they didn't completely axe the program... oh to be a nuke.

cricechex

So...does anyone think the numbers will go up next year? :confused: Personnally, I think it has a lot to do with Nov 2nd and sequestration. My guess is that it will be very similar again next year but start to get a little better the following year just as everyone gives up trying.

Congrats to everyone who made it. Shout out to YN1 Smith who helped me with my first and only package so far who got it! The thing that I am most disappointed about is that there were 0 IW picks (or anything IDC other than 1 SWO/IP). It's one thing to know I didn't get picked up. I'm ok with that but to know I wasted my time (and money) to have a mathematical 0% chance is very disheartening. Why have the options available this year if they weren't going to pick any. Sorry if I'm being a buzz kill just needed to vent. I'm sure I'll be fine in the morning. Congrats again to everyone who made it, and for the rest of us keep this in mind "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Gal 6:9

exNavyOffRec

So...does anyone think the numbers will go up next year? :confused: Personnally, I think it has a lot to do with Nov 2nd and sequestration. My guess is that it will be very similar again next year but start to get a little better the following year just as everyone gives up trying.

If you weren't selected just keep plugging away at that degree, OCS is always an option.

Remember ROTC/STA21 and USNA are for the most part based on long term planning, while OCS is where they give or take up the slack.

I would be surprised if the number go up by much in the future, look at the direction of how things are going, FFG's are going away, LCS are coming online and the manning is less for LCS. Just remember in most cases when one door closes one door opens.

Congrats to those that made it. If you're an alternate, keep those fingers crossed. If you didn't make it, get ready for next year with an even better package. Don't quit!

exNavyOffRec

Congrats to everyone who made it. Shout out to YN1 Smith who helped me with my first and only package so far who got it! The thing that I am most disappointed about is that there were 0 IW picks (or anything IDC other than 1 SWO/IP). It's one thing to know I didn't get picked up. I'm ok with that but to know I wasted my time (and money) to have a mathematical 0% chance is very disheartening. Why have the options available this year if they weren't going to pick any. Sorry if I'm being a buzz kill just needed to vent. I'm sure I'll be fine in the morning. Congrats again to everyone who made it, and for the rest of us keep this in mind "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Gal 6:9

Often what is or is not going to be available isn't known while people are getting applications put together, just the way things are with the tiny designators.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
So there are 5 core selectees, and 12 core alts?
image.png

HOPEIMSELECTED4STA-21

FY12 & 13 CORE Applicant
Congrats to everyone that made it....This was my second time applying, but I still didn't make it. Still debating if I'm going to apply next year. Might get out and become a contractor, that security clearance goes a long way. I got one more wait for results and that's for IT1 promotion, hopefully I'm on that list in November. Till next year guys!

lovemyhubby

Prior AC, Future Educator
I wish everyone the best of luck getting into the schools of their choice! I think this was the last time for my husband to apply. He got awesome orders that he was hand selected for to San Diego about a month ago that we weren't expecting at all because his rate (AWV) really doesn't go to San Diego. Since it is shore duty he is just going to finish his degree on this upcoming tour and try for OCS. So now it's time to get ready for our 2100 mile move :) For those that didn't make it, don't give up hope!

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None

I think seeing the numbers this year has actually decided my vote .... I'm just proud of myself for pulling in an alternate spot in such a tight race .... I'm really sorry for those of you who applied for the options with no selectees. Keep the hope alive and keep chuggin along ... two hours after results came out I was already thinking of how my package is going to be ten times as strong as it was this year !!! I see you guys in the hunt for next years selection board !!! It was nice meeting you all ... And for those of you up in Whidbey, if you want to stop by FRCNW/900 Division one of these days next year during the application process, thats where I'll be ....