• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FREE ASTB Simulator Program (For the Performance Based Measures section)

cgross220

Awesome job, man. Meanwhile, the AF guys are selling their (worse) version of this for $60 ?

The only suggestion I have is to add some of the other aspects like Directional Orientation, Dichotic Listening, and Emergency Procedures. Otherwise, this is great. Wish I'd seen this before getting the TBAS software!

Jantzen_Wells

Awesome job, man. Meanwhile, the AF guys are selling their (worse) version of this for $60 ?

The only suggestion I have is to add some of the other aspects like Directional Orientation, Dichotic Listening, and Emergency Procedures. Otherwise, this is great. Wish I'd seen this before getting the TBAS software!

I had no idea the Air Force was selling something like that, real classy.

I appreciate the suggestions! I wrote the program over the weekend so I don't really have much time to work on it consistently, but if I do get around to it, I'll keep those things in mind.

cgross220

I had no idea the Air Force was selling something like that, real classy.

Fairly certain it's not the Air Force directly--just someone who wrote the program to help people with the test--but still, yeah for how primitive the test is selling it at all is kind of crazy but for the $60 they're asking its absolutely insane. (Here it is if anyone's curious)

I totally get that it takes time, what you have so far is going to be a massive help to people so no worries on getting more out there. Maybe someone better at Java (I assume that's what you wrote it in, I'm an IE major so I'm out of my element when it comes to coding) could add onto it in the future as well.

Jantzen_Wells

Fairly certain it's not the Air Force directly--just someone who wrote the program to help people with the test--but still, yeah for how primitive the test is selling it at all is kind of crazy but for the $60 they're asking its absolutely insane. (Here it is if anyone's curious)

I totally get that it takes time, what you have so far is going to be a massive help to people so no worries on getting more out there. Maybe someone better at Java (I assume that's what you wrote it in, I'm an IE major so I'm out of my element when it comes to coding) could add onto it in the future as well.

It's actually javaScript, using a popular graphics library called p5. It was really easy to use, and pretty fun to learn.

cgross220

It's actually javaScript, using a popular graphics library called p5. It was really easy to use, and pretty fun to learn.
Fair enough. Maybe if I get a break after midterms I'll play around with it. Haven't done any javaScript but sounds like a good way to learn some basics

Jantzen_Wells

Fair enough. Maybe if I get a break after midterms I'll play around with it. Haven't done any javaScript but sounds like a good way to learn some basics

I would definitely say so. The source code is on my Github page (the first part of that link) if you want to take a look.

flatspinturkeyb

69 9/9/9 GPA: b4d
Congrats! The mouse tracking carrier over to joystick movement in the test?

Correction: carrier -> carries. I mean to ask if practicing with a mouse on your computer carried over to the HOTAS test at all. It sounds like you did well.

Thanks! I used my laptop pad and the key commands. It is still the same mental process of dividing your attention between the two targets.

Correction: carrier -> carries. I mean to ask if practicing with a mouse on your computer carried over to the HOTAS test at all. It sounds like you did well.

DGoldy

Someone shot this my way and my test is this upcoming Thursday the only thing I can say is if you could add an audio cue option in which it blares in both ears at the same time! But this thing is definitely helping me Thank you @Jantzen_Wells