• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FREE ASTB Simulator Program (For the Performance Based Measures section)

Ashotts

Can someone share the settings they used with the x52 for the sim? I bought it but I cannot figure out how to use it with the Jantzen website. What mapping settings are the most accurate? Thanks

flyORdie

Can someone share the settings they used with the x52 for the sim? I bought it but I cannot figure out how to use it with the Jantzen website. What mapping settings are the most accurate? Thanks
Most important is Axis 1-3. For all three axis' set the deadzone to 6000 and the max zone to 32000. As far as binding the trigger and clutch button to practice dichotic listening, do so cautiously. I probably spent a grand total of 45 minutes practicing the dichotic listening, but that was enough to build a habit of which button I clicked for even/odd. On the actual test these buttons were different which resulted in me miskicking a few audio cues.

Attachments

• Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    85.5 KB · Views: 66

dav246

You are listening for both even and odd numbers in each ear. So for example, if target ear is left and you hear 8 hit the trigger and then next you hear 7 hit the clutch. I wouldn’t practice the dichotic listening on the simulator too much because it can build bad habits. When I took the test I had to repeatedly tell myself that right is even and left is odd because I practiced with the opposite controls. Maybe just play the sim with the dichotic listening on and call out the number you hear in your target ear, but don’t actually press the buttons.
I just reversed the controls when I was mapping so that I was hitting the trigger for even and the clutch for odd, and recently have been specifically practicing as it was on the test despite the sim score. Thus I really have no idea how well I am actually doing, but practice is practice, and I would rather practice as close as possible to the test.

At this point, I am getting sub 80 reliably on the double tracking on hard mode while doing the listening in the fashion described above.

Last edited:

dav246

Sub 80 on hard with dichotic listening is very impressive. Sounds like you're ready for the test imo
Maybe. But Imma keep grinding till its time. My scores weren't that great for my first go, (PBM caught me completely off guard) and I get nervous and despairing if I am not doing something.

Ashotts

Most important is Axis 1-3. For all three axis' set the deadzone to 6000 and the max zone to 32000. As far as binding the trigger and clutch button to practice dichotic listening, do so cautiously. I probably spent a grand total of 45 minutes practicing the dichotic listening, but that was enough to build a habit of which button I clicked for even/odd. On the actual test these buttons were different which resulted in me miskicking a few audio cues.
Did you do this on Mac or pc? I have both so I’m trying to see which is the easier / better option. Thanks

dav246

Did you do this on Mac or pc? I have both so I’m trying to see which is the easier / better option. Thanks
I am using an old and frankly very sad Thinkpad from like 2013 or some shit, held together with duct tape and words of encouragement. have not had a problem with the program or sticks.

dav246

Hi everyone I edited the code of the updated jantzen sim by @Petersonjr so that the twisting of the knobs in the emergency section is in the same direction as in the test.

https://jomo1-1.github.io/ASTB-remade/

So it should be that clockwise = LOWER and counter-clockwise = HIGHER

I'm not good at programming so let me know if it works for you or not.
Wooooooooooow, goin above and beyond cookie. It works too.

jsnchwen

What about the speed of the mouse?

At the hardest target speed, I'm finding that I can't even get reach the target.

I changed the mouse speed setting to 100 for both vertical and horizontal, but I'm afraid that this might be too much and not closely simulate the actual test.

flyORdie

At the hardest target speed, I'm finding that I can't even get reach the target.

I changed the mouse speed setting to 100 for both vertical and horizontal, but I'm afraid that this might be too much and not closely simulate the actual test.
I only practiced with stick and throttle. I was always able to get close to the target.

dav246

On the test, the targets will never be moving too fast for you to theorettically catch up. Should be a nonissue.

DBM

Does the joystick movement feel a bit slower? Maybe it's because it's been a few days since I last did the sim but my sensitivities are all still the same.

DBM

Does the joystick movement feel a bit slower? Maybe it's because it's been a few days since I last did the sim but my sensitivities are all still the same.
Not sure what happened but it feels back to way it normal was