• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb 2015 Supply DCO Board Cancelled

Lockup

Not selected. Nor were the two other guys from my region. OR told me 20 selected out of 188 applicants. Best of luck to all in future pursuits. I may head to the enlisted recruiter soon. :rolleyes:

Sorry good luck going enlisted should at least be an easier route.

I wasn't selected either. I figured I would have been a shoe in. I spoke with the supply corps program manager and all he told me was to submit again. Next board is in July or August.

Lockup

Well that kind of stinks if you have no way to know how to improve your package. I don't know my OR said there would be some kind of feedback but it may be what ragin said. He also was telling it was not simply as simple as doing the reconsideration statement. He said the board also wants to see something new on your resume like a promotion or other experience. I hope that is not entirely true but if it is at least I should be done with ACSC by the next board.

Yeah it sucks doesn't it. Supply was my first choice and AMDO was my second. They held 2 AMDO boards last year before supply and I wasn't selected because of not having an aviation degree. They want you to submit a letter on what you did to improve your package like get another degree or certificate. Then it's up to the processor whether they think your package is stronger and will resubmit. It's a pain I know.

Lockup

Yeah that's annoying. If they don't tell where your package was weak then how are you supposed to know how to make it stronger? What if your package was already strong? Pretty hard to improve on that. I will have one more year of contracting and supervisory experience and likely be done with ACSC. I doubt I'm going to see a promotion between now and next year. Pretty tough to make package stronger.

Yeah I know. I flew to Millington and met and interviewed with the CO of pers. the people that were on the board work directly for him. I also had a Congressional Endorsement Letter and I still didn't get Selected.

Lockup

I hear you. I jumped through a lot of hoops for 2 years to get to this point be nice to know something if at least how close was I.

exNavyOffRec

Yeah I know. I flew to Millington and met and interviewed with the CO of pers. the people that were on the board work directly for him. I also had a Congressional Endorsement Letter and I still didn't get Selected.

The people on the board don't work directly for pers, they can be anywhere, for instance the senior member of one of the supply DCO boards was the CO of a unit at a NOSC, there might be times when there is one that works for pers, but it would be a crapshoot.

RaginCajun

Just curious but you said decent stats. What would make them better?

Please don't take my comment the wrong way. What I meant to say was there didn't seem to be anything lacking in your stats; HOWEVER, in my experience, everyone selected has strong stats. Is everyone DAWIA certified? No, but to give some generic examples, one person owns a large transportation and logistics company in my group, another runs a mega IT firm. Others are nearly SES level DOD workers. Some are prior LS, prior SK, prior other services officers switched over. What I'm saying is that people who generally apply to this program are all over/well qualified.

Lockup

Please don't take my comment the wrong way. What I meant to say was there didn't seem to be anything lacking in your stats; HOWEVER, in my experience, everyone selected has strong stats. Is everyone DAWIA certified? No, but to give some generic examples, one person owns a large transportation and logistics company in my group, another runs a mega IT firm. Others are nearly SES level DOD workers. Some are prior LS, prior SK, prior other services officers switched over. What I'm saying is that people who generally apply to this program are all over/well qualified.

No offense taken I was generally curious. Most people I talked to, including my interviews, basically said I had everything the Navy was looking for and was hard to find. I am basically a civilian equivalent to a Navy O-4 at this point so I was curious as to what I may have been missing.

RaginCajun

I understand what you are saying.

As for improving your application, you might not need to improve your qualifications, as they seem strong, but what about other items that add to your "whole person" view. volunteering, community involvement, etc? Again, I'm not sure what you had in those areas.

Also, I think one of the best ways to help move your package forward is to ask those who were selected if you could see their motivational statement. I haven't seen yours, and so I have no idea how you did yours, but my first interview panel (when I applied for INTEL) told me I was doing the motivational statement ALL wrong and told me I needed to re-write it a certain way. This is an easy area to improve.

I have no super special insider knowledge of the selection board, but now that my recruiter is out of active duty and drills at my NOSC, we speak often and he was probably the most successful DCO Supply office recruiter. (at least 15 DCO supply officers in 3 years selected).

Lockup

My first one sucked to be honest. I ended up re-writing it. I had some examples but none for supply. I tried to focus on a few things in it concerning the time I had invested trying to get back in and the fact I was already doing the contracting job for the DoD. If the next board isn't until July I should be done with ACSC by then making me a little stronger. I doubt I will have a promotion by then. I am a 13 now so getting a 14 at this point in my career is a little early.

Though subtle you make a very important point that we should all find encouraging:
...(when I applied for INTEL)...
We may not get picked up the first time or even for our first choice, but if you want it bad enough you should keep trying and make adjustments that will help you be successful.