• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb 2015 Supply DCO Board Cancelled

Is anyone that didn't make it board reapplying for FY16?

It's been an entire year since I submitted the first Supply DCO form. For me, after considering my desire to get in uniform again, I decided to reenlist Reserve with the idea of eventually trying officer from the inside. My family is supportive and what really makes this feasible is that my company has a policy to pay the difference between base compensation and active duty pay when mobilized. The reserve recruiter assured me that my education and experience will waive a rank loss due to time separated. In a couple months I *should* resume where I left off as IT2(SW) in drilling status. I'm looking forward to hearing about you alls progress - please share on the board. And thank you ragincajun for helping over the last year. I'm interested to see where you end up finding a billet! Good luck all.

PapaK

I was under the impression that the spring/summer board had been cancelled. At least it's what my recruiter told me. Yet I'm seeing a lot of selection discussions for supply. What's going on?

exNavyOffRec

I was under the impression that the spring/summer board had been cancelled. At least it's what my recruiter told me. Yet I'm seeing a lot of selection discussions for supply. What's going on?

The Feb board was cancelled and combined with the July one, I believe they have gone to one board per year now, or maybe that was just IDC DCO.

Tim,
I would say that you have a competitive application. Smart move traveling to Millington for your interviews. Do you have any DAWIA certifications contracting or acquisition certifications? Those are a huge plus. Overall I would say that you stand an excellent chance of being recommended.

HR
Good afternoon SuperHuman Resources,
My name is Will and I am interested in applying for the upcoming HR DCO Board but I have some questions for you. Is it possible for me to contact you by email?

exNavyOffRec

Good afternoon SuperHuman Resources,
My name is Will and I am interested in applying for the upcoming HR DCO Board but I have some questions for you. Is it possible for me to contact you by email?

He hasn't posted for 6 months, not sure if he is still around, you might look for a few other reserve OR's

Edit: have you looked at the HR DCO program authorization to see if you meet the requirements such as HR certifications

He hasn't posted for 6 months, not sure if he is still around, you might look for a few other reserve OR's

Edit: have you looked at the HR DCO program authorization to see if you meet the requirements such as HR certifications
I was told by my OR that I qualify for HR and Supply Corps based each program's authorization. I am An Acquisition Lead Logistician by background and there are components of my job that deal with Strategic Planning, program management, leadership, manpower, personnel, training, management and building requirements for the Marine Corps which are components of the HR program authorization, however, I do not have any HR Certifications but here are my stats so please advise:

40 years old
Prior Service Navy
Acquisition Product Management Lead Life Cycle Logistician for 11 years
Program Executive Office, Marine Corps Systems Command
ITIL V3 Foundation Certification
DAWIA Level III in Life Cycle Logistics
DAWIA Level I in Program Management
DAWIA Level II in Life Cycle Logistics
Defense Acquisition Corps Membership
JPME Phase 1/Graduate Diploma Marine Corps University Command and Staff College (Military Studies/Strategic and Operational Planning)
DBA Student at The University of Phoenix (currently) 3.9 GPA Anticipated graduation date 2018
Masters in Business Administration (MBA) 3.6 GPA
BA Sociology/Criminal Justice 3.2 GPA

exNavyOffRec

I was told by my OR that I qualify for HR and Supply Corps based each program's authorization. I am An Acquisition Lead Logistician by background and there are components of my job that deal with Strategic Planning, program management, leadership, manpower, personnel, training, management and building requirements for the Marine Corps which are components of the HR program authorization, however, I do not have any HR Certifications but here are my stats so please advise:

40 years old
Prior Service Navy
Acquisition Product Management Lead Life Cycle Logistician for 11 years
Program Executive Office, Marine Corps Systems Command
ITIL V3 Foundation Certification
DAWIA Level I in Program Management
DAWIA Level II in Life Cycle Logistics
Defense Acquisition Corps Membership
JPME Phase 1/Graduate Diploma Marine Corps University Command and Staff College (Military Studies/Strategic and Operational Planning)
DBA Student at The University of Phoenix (currently) 3.9 GPA Anticipated graduation date 2018
Masters in Business Administration (MBA) 3.6 GPA
BA Sociology/Criminal Justice 3.2 GPA

Things may have changed but my old OPS and AOPS were HR officers and they said the board would be hard pressed to take anyone that didn't have any HR certifications.

It looks like you are really set up for Supply DCO more than anything.

Thanks for the feedback, I will ask my OR about HR Certifications to make sure this element was not overlooked from the HR Program Authorization or requirements. What geographical location do you recruit from? What is your Officer designator?

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for the feedback, I will ask my OR about HR Certifications to make sure this element was not overlooked from the HR Program Authorization or requirements. What geographical location do you recruit from? What is your Officer designator?

The PA doesn't say you have to have them, but it says "preferred" and both the HR officers I worked for in our OR training told our reserve recruiters find HR candidates with HR certifications, pretty much looking back it was the same for all reserve designators, as they also said find Supply candidates with experience in Supply. I am a retired OR CPO