• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb 2015 Supply DCO Board Cancelled

RaginCajun

Well, my OR told me that he will be getting some feedback soon. In my case, maybe the lack of professional PMP or supply certificates did it... Next time I will have a completed PhD in business, the PMP, and maybe a promotion.

I would like for Isaac to share some insights on his app or motivational statement! Congrats on your selection. Hope to hear from other lucky ones!

I don't think any of the people that I know in the Supply community (granted it's only 30-40 people) have supply certificates and maybe 1 has PMP.

Most have MBAs and business experience.

issac013

Well, my OR told me that he will be getting some feedback soon. In my case, maybe the lack of professional PMP or supply certificates did it... Next time I will have a completed PhD in business, the PMP, and maybe a promotion.

I would like for Isaac to share some insights on his app or motivational statement! Congrats on your selection. Hope to hear from other lucky ones!

I don’t think my app was too different than anyone else. I had very good interviews, a strong motivational statement, and a very good recruiter right up. I think that on this board too much prior service was not what they were looking for, as they are looking for people who won’t hit their 20 years too quick. I would also refer back to the program authorization that talked about candidates with purchasing / contracting management experience being selected at a 3 to 1 ratio. I had heard they were not looking for candidates with a lot of prior service, ie over 8-10 years. I was surprised that Lockup wasn’t selected. Feel free to ask me anymore questions, but im not sure what else I can provide. I think answers to some of the feedback on here about not being selected lies within your own stats.

exNavyOffRec

The board does not give any feedback, it is just a Y or N

Lockup

I was surprised that Lockup wasn’t selected.

Based on my stats and some other information that was provided by others about contracting experience and acquisition certifications I was surprised. This is why it is disappointing you don't seem to get any feedback on where I was weak.

exNavyOffRec

If you don't get any feedback then how are you suppose to know how to make your package stronger.

just try to do something to make your professional background more attractive, they just don't have time to give feedback and if they did it could cause issues, for instance if they told a person to get certification "X" and he did, but next board everyone had certification "X" he will be just average again.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Isaac, we are in the same region. In fact, possibly live in the same county. I'd be interested to know who your recruiter was. Also, would you mind posting you MS so others who didn't get selected can see what a accepted MS looks like.

I've already told my OR that I am doubling down and going for FY '16 and will be updating my MS, Resume, getting additional interviews and LOR. Current package included LOR from a retired 0-7, guess that didn't help.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
just try to do something to make your professional background more attractive, they just don't have time to give feedback and if they did it could cause issues, for instance if they told a person to get certification "X" and he did, but next board everyone had certification "X" he will be just average again.

NavyOffRec, Thank you for your comments. Please correct me if I am wrong, but is the selection board made up of the same officers each time they convene? Or do those officers rotate out once they are done? In theory, each subsequent board could see a package differently? For better or worse.

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec, Thank you for your comments. Please correct me if I am wrong, but is the selection board made up of the same officers each time they convene? Or do those officers rotate out once they are done? In theory, each subsequent board could see a package differently? For better or worse.

It depends, I knew a senior officer that chaired the Supply DCO boards several times in a row, back when they were more frequent.

Lockup

In my case that is a little difficult. I am already a Contracting Officer for the Air Force with an unlimited warrant and Level III certs. I was basically told my background was very attractive already. Other than completing some PME, which I should have done by the next board, there isn't a whole lot I can do. I don't think it was my stats that kept me out that is why feedback would have been helpful.

exNavyOffRec

In my case that is a little difficult. I am already a Contracting Officer for the Air Force with an unlimited warrant and Level III certs. I was basically told my background was very attractive already. Other than completing some PME, which I should have done by the next board, there isn't a whole lot I can do. I don't think it was my stats that kept me out that is why feedback would have been helpful.

sometimes they have many that they would like, but it comes down to little things, you may have nothing change and get picked up next time.

Lockup

sometimes they have many that they would like, but it comes down to little things, you may have nothing change and get picked up next time.

Yeah that's what I'm hoping but it would be nice to know what the little thing was. A year is a long time to wait for another shot after waiting two already.

NeliYam

Hey everyone!
I am lucky and blessed enough to be one of the ones selected. I was reading several of the stats of the other candidates and they are quite impressive. I also read one of the members stating how the board picks a diversity of people and that is very true. I am trying to reach out to anyone else who was possibly selected. Also if you have any questions that I could help with, let me know. Air warriors was a great resource I used to prepare my package, and I would love to return the favor for future candidates.