• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to Jan board 2013

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Did either of you guys have other things left to do, like MEPS? Or are you just really stuck waiting for no reason that seems to explain it?

ssmit255

I meet with the background investigator on Tuesday. That's the only thing I could think of that's holding me up at all.

drummehr

Pro Rec SNA NFO Dec 2012
I was told I had to wait for my background check to finish up and should get my OCS date last week. I am not sure what the status is of the background check but I did have to re-sign papers for the check after I was pro rec'd.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
My recruiter confirmed that the holdup for me is that the Navy needs proof that I graduated. To my dismay, my university won't be processing that stuff for some more weeks. I got a letter written by the journalism office unofficially confirming that I did meet the graduation requirements, so we're waiting to hear whether the Navy considers that proof enough to give me my FS.

Silhouette

My recruiter confirmed that the holdup for me is that the Navy needs proof that I graduated. To my dismay, my university won't be processing that stuff for some more weeks. I got a letter written by the journalism office unofficially confirming that I did meet the graduation requirements, so we're waiting to hear whether the Navy considers that proof enough to give me my FS.
This is strange because I will be reporting with my official letter stating I have met all graduation requirements next week... If you've met all requirements I'm not sure why they wouldn't accept that just because the university takes some time to process the diploma itself. Is the letter on official letterhead and from your advisor or a university official? *disclaimer: I am currently active duty in another service and possibly my situation is different..?*

exNavyOffRec

You would need an official letter from the university registar to give to to NRC for them to process your OCS date.

AllYourBass

pilot
You would need an official letter from the university registar to give to to NRC for them to process your OCS date.

Thanks for the info. I suppose it'll have to wait then. I'll either find out with shorter notice that I'm going to March 10 or I'll get delayed to another OCS date I suppose. Either is an acceptable outcome, so it's really only curiosity nagging at me now.

AllYourBass

pilot
Thanks for the info. I suppose it'll have to wait then. I'll either find out with shorter notice that I'm going to March 10 or I'll get delayed to another OCS date I suppose. Either is an acceptable outcome, so it's really only curiosity nagging at me now.

....actually, just to clear up a little bit of creeping paranoia, the Navy wouldn't DQ me for not hearing from my college fast enough, would they? I mean, within reason. I'm hoping they'll hear within a month. Delaying my date or letting me know about it with shorter notice isn't really my concern, as long as I'm going.