• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to Jan board 2013

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
Am I the only non-prior to not get a class date yet?

I didn't get my FS yet. I listed my earliest avail as March 2013, so my recruiter says he's 95% certain I'll be ending up in a 10 MAR class date. But I'll wait to quit my job until I get the letter :D

John wright

SNA Pro-Rec Dec 2012
I didn't get my FS yet. I listed my earliest avail as March 2013, so my recruiter says he's 95% certain I'll be ending up in a 10 MAR class date. But I'll wait to quit my job until I get the letter :D

Yeah I won't quit till I get the letter as well... however I listed the day I applied as the day avaiable.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
So I just got mine today, but my OR was able to find out my OCS date previously, probably because of my work situation.

Conveniently the letter arrives on what would have been my 30th first day of school/classes. First time I'm not showing up after 20 straight years.

So I just got mine today, but my OR was able to find out my OCS date previously, probably because of my work situation.

Conveniently the letter arrives on what would have been my 30th first day of school/classes. First time I'm not showing up after 20 straight years.

Man, that was a weird feeling... I withdrew from graduate school when I began pursuing a career with the Navy back in 2011. But on to bigger and better things, right? School is almost always an option later on down the line.

John wright

SNA Pro-Rec Dec 2012

I don't know what the happened to mine... hope I get it soon.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Man, that was a weird feeling... I withdrew from graduate school when I began pursuing a career with the Navy back in 2011. But on to bigger and better things, right? School is almost always an option later on down the line.

Dear god I hope they don't send me back to school - I got the MA done but am bailing on the PhD. A year at the War College would be ok, my parents had a ton of fun in Newport. Needless to say my experience will be a bit different.

ssmit255

I don't know what the happened to mine... hope I get it soon.

I'm non-prior and having received mine yet either. Been asking pretty consistently for any updates, but I've been just told to stand-by and it should be here any day. Still being told to be ready for Jan 27th, but man it's coming close. You're NRD ATL as well, right?

John wright

SNA Pro-Rec Dec 2012
I'm non-prior and having received mine yet either. Been asking pretty consistently for any updates, but I've been just told to stand-by and it should be here any day. Still being told to be ready for Jan 27th, but man it's coming close. You're NRD ATL as well, right?

Correct... I have been told the same except for a date to expect. I am trying to finish up my instrument anyways so if I get a Feb or March date it won't be the end of the world.

ssmit255

Correct... I have been told the same except for a date to expect. I am trying to finish up my instrument anyways so if I get a Feb or March date it won't be the end of the world.

I got you. I've been prepping for Jan 27, but i'm in the same boat with work. Don't want to put in a notice until I have the letter in hand (though i've kept them posted the whole application process through). A Feb 17th date wouldn't be awful. Would give me time to get in crazy shape and plenty of time to prep without having to worry about work. I think the wait of finding out a class date is probably just the worst part now, seeing as how most everyone on here has received theirs.

John wright

SNA Pro-Rec Dec 2012
I got you. I've been prepping for Jan 27, but i'm in the same boat with work. Don't want to put in a notice until I have the letter in hand (though i've kept them posted the whole application process through). A Feb 17th date wouldn't be awful. Would give me time to get in crazy shape and plenty of time to prep without having to worry about work. I think the wait of finding out a class date is probably just the worst part now, seeing as how most everyone on here has received theirs.

My exact feeling. Just to know would be a huge weight off my shoulders.

At this point, would they still be drafting FS letters for the 27 Jan class? Supposedly the class has 97 individuals in it. I'm in the 27 Jan class, and my FS letter was drafted 26 Dec 12. I got my pro-rec from the December board. Hopefully they won't keep you waiting much longer...

exNavyOffRec

At this point, would they still be drafting FS letters for the 27 Jan class? Supposedly the class has 97 individuals in it. I'm in the 27 Jan class, and my FS letter was drafted 26 Dec 12. I got my pro-rec from the December board. Hopefully they won't keep you waiting much longer...

They used to have classes up to 100 so this surprises me since they now want to keep them at 100, in general FS letters have to be issued 4 weeks out to allow for proper booking and orders etc.....

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
To answer the earlier post, I still haven't gotten my FS letter yet, but I'm not expecting to until I get rid of this damned spare tire and get back to MEPS. My recruiter tells me that there is either a 60-day or 90-day time limit for me to do so. Looks like I'll be practically living at the Y until I get this weight off :confused:

ssmit255

Hopefully they won't keep you waiting much longer...

I was thinking the same!

They used to have classes up to 100 so this surprises me since they now want to keep them at 100, in general FS letters have to be issued 4 weeks out to allow for proper booking and orders etc.....

I appreciate the insight NavyOffRec. If some of these guys are just now receiving theirs today or yesterday, I guess it would be wise to hold out for a couple of more days before giving up on this next class. Quick question: I don't suppose there is any other venue of finding out a date or if the letter has even been generated except for our OR to contact us directly, is there?