• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to Jan board 2013

drummehr

Pro Rec SNA NFO Dec 2012
NRD Richmond and still no FS. Does the fact that im not graduating until May have something to do with this?

Also good luck to all reporting for the 27 Jan class.

Well I can't help with your graduation question, but I am also NRD Richmond (graduated) and still waiting for my FS letter. You're not alone! I call once/twice a week but my recruiter hasn't been able to find out what the hold up is.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
NavyOffRec,
How soon, after the board, does the "Pro Rec" list come out?
Thank you for all the great info.
I'm not NOR, but for what it's worth, it took some of us just under two weeks to hear the news after the December board convened.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
My bad, been on the road all day and thought we were talking about FS letters. Didn't realize that they were talking about a different board than the one the rest of the thread is about.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
Very nicely! Got the call that my FS letter came in this morning. I have a 23 June OCS date for SNFO. I realize that not many of you will be joining me that far out but damn it feels good to have a concrete date in sight.

Congrats! Were you available to go ASAP, or did you list a later earliest availability date? I listed March 1 as my earliest available date, but I still haven't heard back.

Hoos

FS SNFO OCS 23 Jun 2013
Congrats! Were you available to go ASAP, or did you list a later earliest availability date? I listed March 1 as my earliest available date, but I still haven't heard back.

I wont be graduating until late May so this was pretty much the earliest I could go

ssmit255

No new news out of NRD Atlanta... I know another guy along with myself that was pro-rec'd NFO/SNA on Dec 03rd still hasn't received his FS either. I talked to my OR last Friday afternoon and he assured me all was finished on my side and now it's just having to wait on them to confirm that i've checked off on every step and to generating the letter with a class date.

NavyOffRec: could you provide some insight into whether this is pretty common to still be waiting on an FS after this period of time?

afwx

Booyahkah
No new news out of NRD Atlanta... I know another guy along with myself that was pro-rec'd NFO/SNA on Dec 03rd still hasn't received his FS either. I talked to my OR last Friday afternoon and he assured me all was finished on my side and now it's just having to wait on them to confirm that i've checked off on every step and to generating the letter with a class date.

NavyOffRec: could you provide some insight into whether this is pretty common to still be waiting on an FS after this period of time?

I am out of NRD St Louis. I got an email from my recruiter 2 days ago explaining what is going on. I was picked up for the Dec board for SWO like many of you all......BUT....since I won't be finished with school until June I am FY14 accession. He stated that Naval Recruiting HQ is finishing up the FS letters for FY13. They are almost done. Once those are complete, they will begin working on FY14 letters. I would speculate that if you are already done with your degree, and if you said that you would be ready before the start of FY14 (I believe OCS starts in July for FY changeovers instead of October like normal), you should be getting your letter any day now. My recruiter is almost positive I will be in a July class.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
Does anyone out of NRD San Diego have any new news from this week regarding FS letters? Any new news out of any NRD?

No FINSEL letter yet. I graduated in December, but apparently the Navy isn't aware of it yet. I received a confirmation from my college that my final transcripts were mailed first-class on Jan. 11 to my NRD, but today my recruiter called asking about them and said he hasn't seen them yet. So they either got lost or never arrived. He says my FINSEL letter is pending approval of my final transcripts (though he is pretty convinced for one reason or another that I will be in the March 10 class when we eventually find out).

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot

Not addressed to me but when I was pro-rec'd it took about 3 months or so to get my FS. I know it sucks to wait, and sometimes recruiters aren't on top of their stuff. Just call them every week or so and see if they have any updates.