• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to Jan board 2013

exNavyOffRec

Not addressed to me but when I was pro-rec'd it took about 3 months or so to get my FS. I know it sucks to wait, and sometimes recruiters aren't on top of their stuff. Just call them every week or so and see if they have any updates.

This isn't an uncommon scenario, FS letters often don't arrive until 4 weeks prior to OCS, but sometimes they do arrive earlier, just be patient.

ssmit255

Not addressed to me but when I was pro-rec'd it took about 3 months or so to get my FS. I know it sucks to wait, and sometimes recruiters aren't on top of their stuff. Just call them every week or so and see if they have any updates.

This isn't an uncommon scenario, FS letters often don't arrive until 4 weeks prior to OCS, but sometimes they do arrive earlier, just be patient.

Thanks to you two, I appreciate the info!

drummehr

Pro Rec SNA NFO Dec 2012
Thanks to you two, I appreciate the info!

NRD Richmond sent an email to me last week saying my background check signatures had been "erroneously cancelled." I signed and sent my third set of signatures to them and am hoping to hear some news soon for a March OCS date!

paddybh1583

OCS 6 OCT 2013
NRD Richmond sent an email to me last week saying my background check signatures had been "erroneously cancelled." I signed and sent my third set of signatures to them and am hoping to hear some news soon for a March OCS date!
I had to sign the background check forms again last week as well... I wonder what happened?

paddybh1583

OCS 6 OCT 2013
I had to sign some with my initial package, again the day I was pro-rec, and then again when signing my contract. Don't sweat it.
From what I was told it was some sort of mix up. I'm assuming at the NRC level if I experienced it out NRD San Diego and drummehr experienced it out of NRD Richmond. Regardless still hoping for a March class.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Did anyone else have to write and sign a letter stating you wish to accept the pilot program, and that you don't wish to accept NFO/SWO/Supply/Intel?

exNavyOffRec

Did anyone else have to write and sign a letter stating you wish to accept the pilot program, and that you don't wish to accept NFO/SWO/Supply/Intel?
If pilot wasn't your first choice then yes, that is normal, or if you FS letter is being held because you applied for designators for which a board hasn't been held yet then yes.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
Meh. I still haven't heard back about this date, and I'm heading to Italy for a week this Friday. So if I'm going to the March 10 class, I'll probably find out a couple weeks before the flight (hopefully).

In other news, my transmission busted in my car, so I will not have a car to take to OCS. Guess I get to car shop once I get settled into Pensacola :)

ssmit255

That's no good man! I talked to my OR again today, still no new info or news, and my nothing in my file online has been changed (class date added, etc.) ... basically same scenario going on but assured me that there isn't any problem and that i'm good to go. Hoping for a March date as well. As far as background issues go, I had to sign the SF86 releases before submitting my packet, and then again upon pro-rec. Met with the background investigator about 3 weeks ago, no problems there.

There's a thread on here entitled "Final Select Purgatory" that made the wait seem not so rough.... seems like most people that didn't get their FS right away waited about 3-4 months. I'm at the 3 mo. mark right now.

A few people in that thread were talking about how they were in touch with their Processors after pro-rec in addition to their OR ... you guys know anything about that, or if being in touch with the processor might help with being more in the loop concerning info about your date or timeframe to get one?

exNavyOffRec

Meh. I still haven't heard back about this date, and I'm heading to Italy for a week this Friday. So if I'm going to the March 10 class, I'll probably find out a couple weeks before the flight (hopefully).

In other news, my transmission busted in my car, so I will not have a car to take to OCS. Guess I get to car shop once I get settled into Pensacola :)

March 10th would be pushing it now, they like to have 4 weeks, a person I worked with who was just notified Friday of selection might make it to March 10th but they are a drilling reservist, have clearance, PQ, and everything else in place.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
March 10th would be pushing it now, they like to have 4 weeks, a person I worked with who was just notified Friday of selection might make it to March 10th but they are a drilling reservist, have clearance, PQ, and everything else in place.

That's good to know. I'm cool with it being later (I wouldn't mind the extra time to get ready), but at this point, I'm just hoping to definitively hear whether or not it will be March 10 so I can plan. This would be a leisurely convenience, I know, since getting accepted to OCS pretty much means "be ready to go." If it turned out way later than expected, I may end up regretting quitting my job so early. Gotta keep eating and living somewhere...

ssmit255

Hey NavyOffRec, as I said earlier I was pro-rec'd in the December boards, just waiting on FS letter now, do I (or others in the same boat) have to worry about that pro-rec expiring? That worries me a bit if so, since I turn 27 in November.

John wright

SNA Pro-Rec Dec 2012
Hey NavyOffRec, as I said earlier I was pro-rec'd in the December boards, just waiting on FS letter now, do I (or others in the same boat) have to worry about that pro-rec expiring? That worries me a bit if so, since I turn 27 in November.

Talked my or today. I asked that question too and he said no although he said the next board will be much harder requirements. I also had to resign security clearance papers. Or says he should know something by end of week.

ssmit255

Talked my or today. I asked that question too and he said no although he said the next board will be much harder requirements. I also had to resign security clearance papers. Or says he should know something by end of week.

Sounds good, hopefully they just haven't assigned dates for anyone at NRD Atlanta and it's about to be go time for us. Keep me posted and I'll do the same.