• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to Jan board 2013

fedman28

Well first and foremost my goal personal and professional is to be a Naval Officer and I am very determined so diligent research is part of meeting goals as well, so essentially I really don't care what program I get to be honest , I am very versatile and can adapt to any job.

cardeea

For IDC you meet age requirement and your OAR score is descent/good. If you are flexible apply to what you like. They give you up to 3 to 5 programs to apply to. The issue with that is you have to change you Mo Statement to every program (I would recommend you do so, hey who I am say). I have a friend and his wife has a CJ degree and she went Chaplain??!!! Go figure, but she is Army... I am not saying do that but, hey.. I wouldn't it's just not me at all and I am Christian and I follow my heart and goal. It kinda sound like you have OR issues? Read the list and see what you qualify for and apply. Good Luck

exNavyOffRec

Does anyone know if I'm eligible for supply? My recruiter says I'm not but I read the reg and the age cutoff is 29 I'm 31 but it also says waiverable up to age 35 but only 2 years can be waived how does that work if only 2 years can be waived why is the max age 35 on the reg?

You are not eligible, the waiver for age 35 is ONLY for those currently on AD, the 2 year waiver is for anyone that has prior service, there was clarification on this years ago and it sounds like your recruiter is familiar with this.

If a person is submitted outside the age limits their application is pro X upon receipt at NRC

This is one of those odd situations though, for instance a person could be on AD at age 32, and could apply, but say then he gets out, in one day he goes from eligible to not eligible.

fedman28

NavyOffRec,

Thanks for the clarification, I'm just trying to find the program that I'm eligible for that will give me the best odds for getting selected and make sure I apply for that program. If you we're me with my quals what would your list be?

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec,

Thanks for the clarification, I'm just trying to find the program that I'm eligible for that will give me the best odds for getting selected and make sure I apply for that program. If you we're me with my quals what would your list be?

Go for the ones you are qualified for Intel, if you have any aviation maintenance experience try AMDO as well, they are both longshots but at least you meet the requirements.

cardeea

I'm not sure what IDC is? What is it and am I eligible for that?

IDC (Information Dominance Corps) these are the programs and you meet age requirements for all, Intel (Intelligence) moderate entrance, IW (Information Warfare) low entrance, and IP (Information Professional) very low entrance. Tech degrees are essential for IW and IP rumor has it Intel as well. Ask your OR will he/she submit you for any of these programs. NOR stated AMDO, I say you must have aviation background to be competitive. I worked private sector flight ops (manager) for years and my last thought would be going back to the ramp/flight ops. I like goverment work now, but the employees are spoiled as hell thought!!! .....Getting back on track..... Hey man, my take is if you have some leadership experience it does not have to be on the job you will have a shot for Intel! IDC is stressing tech degree, but they are also stressing leadership. Your age will weigh on life experience just show leadership experience in your Mo Statement.

exNavyOffRec

IDC (Information Dominance Corps) these are the programs and you meet age requirements for all, Intel (Intelligence) moderate entrance, IW (Information Warfare) low entrance, and IP (Information Professional) very low entrance. Tech degrees are essential for IW and IP rumor has it Intel as well. Ask your OR will he/she submit you for any of these programs. NOR stated AMDO, I say you must have aviation background to be competitive. I worked private sector flight ops (manager) for years and my last thought would be going back to the ramp/flight ops. I like goverment work now, but the employees are spoiled as hell thought!!! .....Getting back on to track..... Hey man, my take is if you have some leadership experience it does not have to be on the job you will have a shot for Intel! IDC is stressing tech degree, but they are also stressing leadership. Your age will weigh on life experience just show leadership experience in your Mo Statement.

In the past several years leadership experience has not really been a factor, with IDC it has been degree and GPA, nearly all of the selections I have seen have had tech degrees and high GPA's, most had no leadership experience and were right out of college.

To clarify my earlier post, IW and IP don't HAVE to have tech degree, but the board has list not having a year of calculus and calculus based physics as a "significant negative factor", but in navy terms that is a nice way of saying not going to happen.

fedman28

NavyOffRec,

Do you have any info as far as officer boards go for the reserve side for the same jobs? I'm also considering reserves.

Thanks

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec,

Do you have any info as far as officer boards go for the reserve side for the same jobs? I'm also considering reserves.

Thanks

The reserve side is actually more strict for IDC, the expect work in the field, certificates, graduate degree (ideally in field). supply is more flexible for reserve, experience in field is key though.