• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25May20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

justz048

That's weird. I'm on a desktop and the next board they have listed for me is the June 1st Supply board.
I just went back to that website and checked. Quite interesting, but I’m betting that it is because the application deadline has already expired

Tgonzo29

Hey guys,

quick question. I am trying to verify that I am getting good information from my recruiter. Did any of you guys with flight experience submit a copy of your FAA pilot/medical certificate, proof of flight hours, etc? I was told there is no need to submit those items. I was also told to simply put my motivation statement onto the necessary form and sign it. By doing that, I am leaving blank multiple columns that I can include my flight hours, foreign languages, professional licenses, etc that could be very valuable come time for the board. Seems fishy.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey guys,

quick question. I am trying to verify that I am getting good information from my recruiter. Did any of you guys with flight experience submit a copy of your FAA pilot/medical certificate, proof of flight hours, etc? I was told there is no need to submit those items. I was also told to simply put my motivation statement onto the necessary form and sign it. By doing that, I am leaving blank multiple columns that I can include my flight hours, foreign languages, professional licenses, etc that could be very valuable come time for the board. Seems fishy.

In the end it’s the ASTB that matters most.

exNavyOffRec

Thats what I have heard, but thats not what I am asking though....I want to know if your recruiters told you to include that information if you have it. Leaving columns blank on a government form seems a bit strange.
It isn't strange at all, you should only fill out info that is what the board cares about, and that is the ASTB as that is the true indicator as to the chances of getting through the program to be flying in the fleet.

KFC

Thats what I have heard, but thats not what I am asking though....I want to know if your recruiters told you to include that information if you have it. Leaving columns blank on a government form seems a bit strange.
When I applied, I listed my license under professional licenses. When you submit the application you have to show proof of professional licenses, which in my case was a photo copy of the license itself. I did not have to show proof of any log time, but I was asked to put down how much total time I had. Any details (Aircraft Type, specialties, etc.) were put into the additional comments section. None of this was at the request of my OR though. I think it is just up to you to include as much information as you would like to share. My OR told me from the beginning that the application process is focused around the applicant taking the initiative and leading their own application.

KFC

Looking at this doc, and realizing so many are going for SNA. But that makes me curious, which pipelines everyone is interested in. Is there a way we can add a column for that? or people reply to this post with which pipeline you are wanting to get !
I've been speaking with some friends of mine who have gone through the program and, from what I have heard, I don't think it's the best idea to post what pipeline you want this early on. The reality is that there is a very likely chance that you may change your mind after you get to know the different people and requirements of each pipeline. On top of that, what we want still comes second to what the Navy needs. I think that we should all focus on getting accepted first, and then just appreciate the fact that, no matter what pipeline you go through, you are one lucky sob to have the coolest job in the world.

jvjack18

I've been speaking with some friends of mine who have gone through the program and, from what I have heard, I don't think it's the best idea to post what pipeline you want this early on. The reality is that there is a very likely chance that you may change your mind after you get to know the different people and requirements of each pipeline. On top of that, what we want still comes second to what the Navy needs. I think that we should all focus on getting accepted first, and then just appreciate the fact that, no matter what pipeline you go through, you are one lucky sob to have the coolest job in the world.
Agreed, it feels like picking a medical specialty before getting into med school to me, you don't know the pros/cons/what you want until you are deep in it.

the fly guy tj

Absolutely but I think it's just for discussion sake, not super serious.

Tgonzo29

When I applied, I listed my license under professional licenses. When you submit the application you have to show proof of professional licenses, which in my case was a photo copy of the license itself. I did not have to show proof of any log time, but I was asked to put down how much total time I had. Any details (Aircraft Type, specialties, etc.) were put into the additional comments section. None of this was at the request of my OR though. I think it is just up to you to include as much information as you would like to share. My OR told me from the beginning that the application process is focused around the applicant taking the initiative and leading their own application.

This is helpful thank you. I'll make sure I list everything and included copies of my ratings, licenses, hours, etc!

t_ray10h1

Hey everyone,

I’m applying to this board but I’m new to the site so just got approved to post. I’m at work right now so I’ll add to the google doc a little later.

Applying SNA/SNFO
OAR: 57
AQR: 7
PFAR: 8
FOFAR: 8
GPA: 3.35
Prior Service: No