• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25May20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

BOMR822

pilot
Applying SNA
OAR: 55
AQR: 6
PFAR: 7
FOFAR:7
GPA: 3.8
Double Major in Engineering and Physics
Prior Service: No

Think I have a chance? Or should i retake ASTB?

KFC

Applying SNA
OAR: 55
AQR: 6
PFAR: 7
FOFAR:7
GPA: 3.8
Double Major in Engineering and Physics
Prior Service: No

Think I have a chance? Or should i retake ASTB?
Can't say for certain. Talk with your OR and see what they think, or go back to previous board groups and check their google docs. Should give you an idea of what they are looking for. Ultimately, it's up to you to decide if you should retake it or not.

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
I'm not on AW much these days, but I guess my name is technically in this hat. I was not aware that the 04MAY20 board had been moved.

Something I've always wondered - does "convene" mean when the board meets, or when the results come out?

Stats in signature, applying SNA. It's my second time on this merry-go-round.

Convene it's the assembly of the board members to sift through packages and select. Results come out weeks later when apporved/signed by the admiral and letters are generated.

Hello everyone, new member here. I’ve been scanning all the forums since early High School, and finally just finished college and submitted my package back in February. I applied for SNA, and i’m currently an instrument rated multi engine commercial pilot/CFI-I and instructor of aerobatics. Does anyone know when we will hear anything back? My recruiter speculates I should hear something back about selection mid-June. Best of luck to you all!

justz048

Hello everyone, new member here. I’ve been scanning all the forums since early High School, and finally just finished college and submitted my package back in February. I applied for SNA, and i’m currently an instrument rated multi engine commercial pilot/CFI-I and instructor of aerobatics. Does anyone know when we will hear anything back? My recruiter speculates I should hear something back about selection mid-June. Best of luck to you all!
Mid-June sounds about correct. It took the last board about 5 weeks after the date they convened to release results. I guess there are a lot of moving parts, signatures, and approvals involved so that is why the time varies

xeroseal87

They say anywhere from 2-8 weeks after the board convenes.

KFC

Hey all,

Everyone has been doing a great job adding to the google sheet so far. I'm re-posting the link below for any new members to add their info if they have yet to do so.

The day of reckoning is almost upon us, good luck to everyone!

justz048

One week and a day until the board convenes. Best of luck to everyone! If anybody has difficulty keeping their mind busy, ask questions on here to spark conversation. It helped me on the last board!