• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25May20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Sabre16

Anyone hear anything about the wait time for flight school? I've talked to some marines and they say it's pretty backed up and you might have to wait up to a year to get in.

Timster96

Anyone hear anything about the wait time for flight school? I've talked to some marines and they say it's pretty backed up and you might have to wait up to a year to get in.
Marine Corps students in a flight status often have longer wait times than Navy students. My experience of this comes from when I was in Pensacola for Aircrew Candidate school. I classed up pretty much right away where as for the Marines it took about 3-4 months on average to class up.

Timster96

I was talking to a CDR who use to be one of the instructors and he said the navy isn’t going to have you sitting around and waiting after OCS to the point where you are a LTJG and don’t even have your wings yet.

Timster96

I was talking to a CDR who use to be one of the instructors and he said the navy isn’t going to have you sitting around and waiting after OCS to the point where you are a LTJG and don’t even have your wings yet.
And aren’t close to earning them by the time you’re a LTJG.

BrianTruix

100% will happen. I work at the FRS for the E-6B and we always know to expect an influx after the holidays from both enlisted and officer.