• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

Howler24

Contributor
Seeking advice. I graduated in December with a BS in Business Admin/Marketing. I worked on my university's campus as an intern in our Admissions office, so now that I'm living back at home I don't have a job. Obviously there is no guarantee I will be selected this go board (or any board going forward). I'm in a weird spot this early in post grad.

So here's the question(s): Should I seek a full time position or part time? Will this affect my NASIS?

HeartofTexas

Contributor
Seeking advice. I graduated in December with a BS in Business Admin/Marketing. I worked on my university's campus as an intern in our Admissions office, so now that I'm living back at home I don't have a job. Obviously there is no guarantee I will be selected this go board (or any board going forward). I'm in a weird spot this early in post grad.

So here's the question(s): Should I seek a full time position or part time? Will this affect my NASIS?

...National Soil Information System? lol

My personal advice (take with coarse salt because I'm currently AD), is to seek a fulltime position. If you got picked up this board, the soonest you would leave is Oct 1st timeframe (FY22). So the real question is, can you support/sustain yourself for a minimum of 10 months with a part-time gig?

Edit: If you get a full-time job, best case scenario is you get picked up, put in your two week's notice, and have military orders. Worst case scenario, you don't get picked up but you've already started gaining "real world" work experience.

NevarYalnal

from what i understand your background check doesn't even start until after you get selected, and a lot can change in the time an applicant applies/fills out their original SF-86 and when they finally head to OCS. jobs, residence, travel (normally), etc. definitely don't hold off on finding a job for this. also no need to mention your pending application when interviewing for jobs either obviously.

FarSouth_CycleSAR

RE3 Remake Brad Vickers

When I was in your shoes waiting to ship to boot camp I got a job at UPS loading then eventually driving and also an afternoon job at Dick’s Sporting Goods. Just have to focus on what your goals are. If you know 100% you’re going into the military then just makes ends meet until that date. You could also door dash or do some of those side gigs.

HeartofTexas

Contributor
from what i understand your background check doesn't even start until after you get selected, and a lot can change in the time an applicant applies/fills out their original SF-86 and when they finally head to OCS. jobs, residence, travel (normally), etc. definitely don't hold off on finding a job for this. also no need to mention your pending application when interviewing for jobs either obviously.

Ahhhh NASIS for security clearance? Yikes, feel like I should know that.

Yeah, I didn't even start my TS paperwork until I was in A-school (about 6 months into the Navy) and even then it still took about a year or so afterwards with follow-up interviews, etc...I'd assume it'd be similar on the Officer side but I don't really know. Whether or not you got a job shouldn't affect it unless the job is slinging crystal or something.

HeartofTexas

Contributor
When I was in your shoes waiting to ship to boot camp I got a job at UPS loading then eventually driving and also an afternoon job at Dick’s Sporting Goods. Just have to focus on what your goals are. If you know 100% you’re going into the military then just makes ends meet until that date. You could also door dash or do some of those side gigs.

I got one as a housekeeper for a 1.5 star hotel down the street where I lived, worked there up until the weekend before I shipped. After working there for about 4 months, I was more than happy to clean the bathroom in bootcamp ?