• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

BDavis11

Contributor
Have you submitted your package?
no, waiting on my medical/nami stuff to come back and got my appraisals left. I was waiting for my scores before i did that part because I didn't want to go to them with the tragic scores that I had the first time around.

NobleJ

SNA
no, waiting on my medical/nami stuff to come back and got my appraisals left. I was waiting for my scores before i did that part because I didn't want to go to them with the tragic scores that I had the first time around.
I hear you. Well you're good now! I think us prior service folks have a really good chance of getting picked up. I am stoked for all of us.

BDavis11

Contributor
I hear you. Well you're good now! I think us prior service folks have a really good chance of getting picked up. I am stoked for all of us.
I am really hoping so. Did they email you all the medical paperwork or did you have to harass them. Its been about two weeks. I had a prior possession charge well before the navy so i disclosed that and still had to provide my paperwork like i did when joining the navy and that's what I am waiting on.

NobleJ

SNA
I am really hoping so. Did they email you all the medical paperwork or did you have to harass them. Its been about two weeks. I had a prior possession charge well before the navy so i disclosed that and still had to provide my paperwork like i did when joining the navy and that's what I am waiting on.
I am no longer currently enlisted. So my recruiter handled all of that for me. I think you've got to make some calls to track that down. Your command NC should be able to help you with that. Shoot them a message and stop by their office. ??

HeartofTexas

Contributor
Longtime lurker but haven't really posted much since my previous OCS package attempts were "lost in routing" a few times too many. However, I'm finally getting a package to submit for this board. Waiting on medical (I did a flight physical for an OCS package before back in Jan 2019 but it drops this Jan 2021) to see if I'll be good to submit my old one or if I have to redo. All I have left is waiting on some LORs and scheduling interviews. Best of luck to everyone though!

BDavis11

Contributor
I am no longer currently enlisted. So my recruiter handled all of that for me. I think you've got to make some calls to track that down. Your command NC should be able to help you with that. Shoot them a message and stop by their office. ??
Oh I got you. I got a contact that handles strictly SNA/SNFO hopefuls so I will reach out to him again.

Mike74

When are you all looking to submit your packages by? Are we able to submit early in hopes that the package is "kicked back" in the event there are mistakes present?

HeartofTexas

Contributor
When are you all looking to submit your packages by? Are we able to submit early in hopes that the package is "kicked back" in the event there are mistakes present?

I'm trying to get mine submitted at the month. I gave my references 30 OCT as the "deadline" because there's always one or two that will wait until the last minute to email off their LOR or set up an interview. So even if I'm behind my self-imposed deadline by a week or two, I still have plenty of time for final reviews, checks, glance overs before officially submitting.

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
New to all of this, have some questions on the whole application process. My recruiter likes to leave me in suspense, I think. Took the ASTB with the Corp and they had drill when I was there so my scores were terrible: 44 9/8/8. Switched to the Navy and have submitted my application, LORs and have been to MEPs. What else is left? Is there a face-to-face interview?

miss1ng

pilot
New to all of this, have some questions on the whole application process. My recruiter likes to leave me in suspense, I think. Took the ASTB with the Corp and they had drill when I was there so my scores were terrible: 44 9/8/8. Switched to the Navy and have submitted my application, LORs and have been to MEPs. What else is left? Is there a face-to-face interview?

Your OAR is low but your ASTB scores are far from terrible lol. There's no face to face interview unless you set it up yourself, but that's optional and carries minimal weight.

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
Your OAR is low but your ASTB scores are far from terrible lol. There's no face to face interview unless you set it up yourself, but that's optional and carries minimal weight.

Yea, that is what I have been seeing. Was really hard to read a passage with "ONE MORE REP" being screamed in the background repeatedly lol. I do have a lot of work experience. I brought a compliance failing 30MM banking center from the bottom to the top. Managed a team of five for 2.5 years, while in college. Earning several awards. Now I manage a 100MM Credit portfolio for said bank. Is there a way of highlighting that? From all I have read is it is based on scores alone. I am applying for SNA and I am 24, if any of that matters?

miss1ng

pilot
Yea, that is what I have been seeing. Was really hard to read a passage with "ONE MORE REP" being screamed in the background repeatedly lol. I do have a lot of work experience. I brought a compliance failing 30MM banking center from the bottom to the top. Managed a team of five for 2.5 years, while in college. Earning several awards. Now I manage a 100MM Credit portfolio for said bank. Is there a way of highlighting that? From all I have read is it is based on scores alone. I am applying for SNA and I am 24, if any of that matters?

I’d suggest putting it in your motivational statement. There’s no real way of highlighting it as most people on here agree all they look at is scores, waivers, and the other numbers that go with your application.

BDavis11

Contributor
Just for fun, for the people applying just for sna or snfo, what made you want to apply for one and not the other or both? for me, I would just be happy to be an officer in the plane.