• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

Got off the phone with my recruiter again. So he clarified by saying that those who have ALREADY applied for the Jan board for pilot will be reviewed as normal. Those who haven’t applied yet will not be able to apply for the January board anymore UNLESS you are applying for NFO. According to my recruiter there are a few NFO applicants who will still be taken. Basically if you are a ride or die pilot who hasn’t applied yet you’re fucked until next year.

Notatomcruisefan

Got off the phone with my recruiter again. So he clarified by saying that those who have ALREADY applied for the Jan board for pilot will be reviewed as normal. Those who haven’t applied yet will not be able to apply for the January board anymore UNLESS you are applying for NFO. According to my recruiter there are a few NFO applicants who will still be taken. Basically if you are a ride or die pilot who hasn’t applied yet you’re fucked until next year.
What does next year mean? Do we know?

angeblas

Oof. Well that's disappointing.

Revitalized

Me until an official statement is released:

In all seriousness though, is it normal for regularly scheduled pro boards to be "closed" after a certain amount of applications are received? If so, what's the magic number? I know that was a thing with the rolling boards, which are no longer happening. Covid complicated a lot of things but this seems rather extraordinary. Maybe @exNavyOffRec can provide some insight.

Revitalized

How long has it taken everyone to get scheduled for a MEPS appointment once they sent in their paperwork?
and how long did MEPS take to get back to them afterwards with a note of being cleared ?
I can't give a definitive answer because I think there are too many variables at play. Getting scheduled shouldn't take more than a week or two unless there are extenuating circumstances. Being cleared after processing through MEPS could take weeks or months, and it really depends on what you have in your medical history. If you check "yes" in a lot of boxes on the screening forms, it will probably delay you getting cleared. That's because they will ask for supporting documents for everything in question.

exNavyOffRec

So my OR said the same thing to me today about how the pilot slots are full for the fiscal year (government year ends sept-oct) so the board won’t open till then. Why does an OCM know more? I would love for my OR to be wrong but I don’t want to get my hopes up.
He also said the SWO and NFO are really close to being full as well.
Your OR is not familiar with how officer recruiting works, accessions are on a FY, selections are not, they will have boards and select for current and next years accessions numbers. They can move people selected from one FY accession year to another.

an OCM would know more as they are the Officer Community Manager, too many OR's are shifted from enlisted recruiting and don't have proper training.

The other thing is hard numbers for the current FY will not be out until Dec to Jan, up until that time they can only selected a certain percent of last years goal, that "certain percent" is up to the director of OCS accessions.

If there is an issue, which could happen if a board over-selected, or if the director feels we are getting too close to the percent he set forth that boards could be delayed, this would be reflected in a change in the board schedule.

The other thing is some NRD's will play games as will OR's, they may have submitted enough applications for the goaling quarter and are sandbagging so they can look good next quarter, I never played that game as peoples lives are not supposed to be played with.

villo0692

Your OR is not familiar with how officer recruiting works, accessions are on a FY, selections are not, they will have boards and select for current and next years accessions numbers. They can move people selected from one FY accession year to another.

an OCM would know more as they are the Officer Community Manager, too many OR's are shifted from enlisted recruiting and don't have proper training.

The other thing is hard numbers for the current FY will not be out until Dec to Jan, up until that time they can only selected a certain percent of last years goal, that "certain percent" is up to the director of OCS accessions.

If there is an issue, which could happen if a board over-selected, or if the director feels we are getting too close to the percent he set forth that boards could be delayed, this would be reflected in a change in the board schedule.

The other thing is some NRD's will play games as will OR's, they may have submitted enough applications for the goaling quarter and are sandbagging so they can look good next quarter, I never played that game as peoples lives are not supposed to be played with.
in other words, we should be good to apply for January's SNA/NFO board still?

Notatomcruisefan

ajreno952

I got similar news this morning. Basically that they should process all packages for this board but that they might be sitting around for a while.

Coffee & JP8

Curious to know what branch you are coming from. I’m A/D USCG and getting a conditional release has been a pain!! I’ve completed everything else apart from that. Good luck to you.
HA! Im coming from USCG as well. AET2 in Corpus on 65s. I got my release one day late for the last board (even after my command pushed EPM to push it through) and didnt get to sit in on it. The August board I was denied because I was first told to not worry about a release when I was applying for a requested ship date after my end of enlistment in December

S_Payne32

Contributor
HA! Im coming from USCG as well. AET2 in Corpus on 65s. I got my release one day late for the last board (even after my command pushed EPM to push it through) and didnt get to sit in on it. The August board I was denied because I was first told to not worry about a release when I was applying for a requested ship date after my end of enlistment in December
Sounds about right dude-the CG is a mess when conditional release is asked for..nobody knows how to do it quickly.

villo0692

also, can someone please explain to me what prorec y/n means? like I said, I am fairly new to the process and every time I look things up online I end up more confused than before, please and thanks!