• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

villo0692

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I am trying to make the January board, taking the ASTB this Friday, I am prior Navy, graduated recently with an electrical engineering degree and a 3.9 GPA, my recruiters seem pretty confident so far, but I guess we will have to wait till the test to make any kind of judgement. Had a quick question, I was looking at the spreadsheet, what does the field "Accepted Designator" mean? people that have been already accepted? I am a bit confused with it. Also, being the cut off date on Dec 11 for the January board, in your guys' experience, you think I might make deadline? I still have to get my physical as well.....Thanks!

S_Payne32

Contributor
This is my first board as well! Will be at MEPS Wed and Thurs.
25 y/o, 2.6 GPA B.A. (low due to rough 1st year, drastically better in last 2 years), ASTB 5/6/6, OAR 49.
Almost ready to earn my PPL, currently at 45hrs w/ all requirements complete.
Ideally SNA, but open to SNFO
Good luck to you! Hope MEPS goes well.

villo0692

It refers to what designator someone was professionally recommended for if they applied for SNA and SNFO. Is the ASTB the only thing you have left in your application? If you've already been through MEPS, I don't think you'll have an issue making that deadline.
I mean I turned in a bunch of paperwork at MEPS, SSN, DD214, 2807 and 680 forms, as well as copies of my passport, transcripts, all of that stuff, medical history and what not, but I have not gotten through any medical process yet. I also currently hold a DoD gov security clearance, which my recruiter said will make things a lot easier

Got a call from my OR this morning. He said the Pilot board is closed while the NFO board is “almost closed”. Didn’t know that could happen but I guess we live with what happens.

Mike74

Just got off the phone with the Community Manager for the Pilot and NFO designators. NO changes have been made thus far to any of the boards. If there were changes, he'd be one of the very first to know. If you're gonna post something to this extent, ensure the information is accurate and true. This is an online forum we all use to better ourselves and assist those around us. We are all dedicated to our careers, as shown by our pursuit of said goals.

MattPatt

Just got off the phone with the Community Manager for the Pilot and NFO designators. NO changes have been made thus far to any of the boards. If there were changes, he'd be one of the very first to know. If you're gonna post something to this extent, ensure the information is accurate and true. This is an online forum we all use to better ourselves and assist those around us. We are all dedicated to our careers, as shown by our pursuit of said goals.
I hope this is true, but why are two different OR's telling us that the boards have closed? I have my application complete, I want the boards to be open.

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
I hope this is true, but why are two different OR's telling us that the boards have closed? I have my application complete, I want the boards to be open.

Don't know. Read an email wrong, maybe. Trends also have proved that to be incorrect. They are assuming a high selection rate for this upcoming board.

Mike74

Officer Recruiter.

If I were a betting man, I'd say the OCM is a bit more "in the know" then the OR. Based on previous post, in this thread and outside of this thread, Or's have given a fair amount of inaccurate information on details not pertaining to the board dates..

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
If I were a betting man, I'd say the OCM is a bit more "in the know" then the OR. Based on previous post, in this thread and outside of this thread, Or's have given a fair amount of inaccurate information on details not pertaining to the board dates..

Ohhh I completely agree on that statement. Their is a lot of evidence that some are not "hard-chargers". Mine has been absolutely outstanding, so I can say I trust him very much. Not complaining at all.

dschiffel

How long has it taken everyone to get scheduled for a MEPS appointment once they sent in their paperwork?
and how long did MEPS take to get back to them afterwards with a note of being cleared ?

Notatomcruisefan

So my OR said the same thing to me today about how the pilot slots are full for the fiscal year (government year ends sept-oct) so the board won’t open till then. Why does an OCM know more? I would love for my OR to be wrong but I don’t want to get my hopes up.
He also said the SWO and NFO are really close to being full as well.