• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

16AUG2021 SWO Board

Ericackostaa

Gang, here is the excel spreadsheet, if you were selected or not selected please up date. I will be sharing my package without PII once i receive the go ahead from my command. We rise and grind together.

Ericackostaa

I don’t think my statement has much to do with it, it was to the point and just outlined my leadership positions, work experience, challenges overcome, etc.
I wonder what the feedback was, maybe put swo as #1 and have more people review your statement, i have never sat a board or anything but your snapshot stats look great.

gdubs21

I wonder what the feedback was, maybe put swo as #1 and have more people review your statement, i have never sat a board or anything but your snapshot stats look great.
I did not post it on AW, but I took time to read the advice given to others on AW and incorporated it into mine. My OR didn’t see any issues with it, and I had a few people proofread it for problems. I’m honestly just grasping at straws here really, I don’t suspect that was the problem. Regardless, just going to move forward and hope for the best next time.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
I did not post it on AW, but I took time to read the advice given to others on AW and incorporated it into mine. My OR didn’t see any issues with it, and I had a few people proofread it for problems. I’m honestly just grasping at straws here really, I don’t suspect that was the problem. Regardless, just going to move forward and hope for the best next time.
The personal statement can sometimes push you over the edge in terms of being chosen.

Mine spoke about how military service runs in my family, how service isn’t a self-aggrandizing thing for me, and that I know it’s a difficult job with a lot of sacrifice, but serving in the military is the only thing I want to do.

gdubs21

The personal statement can sometimes push you over the edge in terms of being chosen.

Mine spoke about how military service runs in my family, how service isn’t a self-aggrandizing thing for me, and that I know it’s a difficult job with a lot of sacrifice, but serving in the military is the only thing I want to do.
Yeah I've heard it can come down to the statement. I focused on writing what I brought to the table as a potential officer. This time around I'll be more SWO specific and focus more on my personal "why".