• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

16AUG2021 SWO Board

exNavyOffRec

Yeah I've heard it can come down to the statement. I focused on writing what I brought to the table as a potential officer. This time around I'll be more SWO specific and focus more on my personal "why".
They just scan the statements, look at the number of submissions and then they take just 1 or 2 days, and those days are often not without interruptions. Lets go with 250 applications and 16 work hours which is 960 minutes that is 3.8 minutes per application, then take out lunch, breaks, other interruptions estimate 3 hours over 2 days, then take out the admin of organizing the people after the board, say 1 hour, you are under 3 minutes per application, then take out the time of going from one application to another and you will be at about 2 minutes per application.

The most eye catching items are your GPA and degree, everything else is a quick scan.

There are other designators that take more time such as CEC, IWC, Supply and a few other small designators, SWO and Aviation are high volume and go quick, sometimes that is how people with good scores are put in the N pile.

gdubs21

They just scan the statements, look at the number of submissions and then they take just 1 or 2 days, and those days are often not without interruptions. Lets go with 250 applications and 16 work hours which is 960 minutes that is 3.8 minutes per application, then take out lunch, breaks, other interruptions estimate 3 hours over 2 days, then take out the admin of organizing the people after the board, say 1 hour, you are under 3 minutes per application, then take out the time of going from one application to another and you will be at about 2 minutes per application.

The most eye catching items are your GPA and degree, everything else is a quick scan.

There are other designators that take more time such as CEC, IWC, Supply and a few other small designators, SWO and Aviation are high volume and go quick, sometimes that is how people with good scores are put in the N pile.
Understood. Thank you for the breakdown, I remember seeing this information before in AW.

macknav44

When is the official message going to be released with all the names? Is Mr. Celestin or someone else going to email/get in touch with my command letting me know I picked up? I'm active duty here btw...

Just curious because my command is waiting for something official and I am wondering if I should give it more time and be patient.

Thank you all. I've been following these threads for a while, nothing but great data!

Ericackostaa

Yeah, commands should be notified soon if not already. I’m still waiting for command notification already. I’ve had mentors from other places call me and congratulate me today lol

Ktimoll

Sinnocent
When is the official message going to be released with all the names? Is Mr. Celestin or someone else going to email/get in touch with my command letting me know I picked up? I'm active duty here btw...

Just curious because my command is waiting for something official and I am wondering if I should give it more time and be patient.

Thank you all. I've been following these threads for a while, nothing but great data!
It took about a week for my command to get notified, but I provided them with the list the day it came out and they routed it up to the CO who then congratulated me, by the time the email came in, we had the date worked out to respond to Mr.Celestin.
Sucks that no one has shared the list on here, That typically is what helps out most active duty, you can try to ask one of the other civilians to ask their OR for the list. Not sure why it’s being held close, there’s literally no harm in sharing but hey.

Ericackostaa

There is a guy that has it here, but he won’t post it. It would be useful for sure, im a flag writer and my boss is an O7 do you know how many emails an O7 gets lol ALOT. So I’m pretty much at his disposal when it comes to that. The list would be dangerously useful.

If March 6 candidates want to start a group or prepare together for OCS I posted a thread on the Facebook OCS page. reach out anytime and go Navy.

Ericackostaa

It took about a week for my command to get notified, but I provided them with the list the day it came out and they routed it up to the CO who then congratulated me, by the time the email came in, we had the date worked out to respond to Mr.Celestin.
Sucks that no one has shared the list on here, That typically is what helps out most active duty, you can try to ask one of the other civilians to ask their OR for the list. Not sure why it’s being held close, there’s literally no harm in sharing but hey.
But congrats, tell us more about your journey. When are you heading to OCS?

Ericackostaa

I’m in the November 28th class, I requested that date, luckily they had a seat for Supply
Lucky you! I’m definitely heading out ASAP. I’m ready to get back to the fleet. It’ll be useful knowing someone from supply I know it from previous ship experience lol

Ktimoll

Sinnocent
Lucky you! I’m definitely heading out ASAP. I’m ready to get back to the fleet. It’ll be useful knowing someone from supply I know it from previous ship experience lol
Lol, I see no lies! I look forward to meeting you!
Congrats btw, I know you’ll do great things!
You can look up the dates in CANTRAC to see what would work best for you and your command

AZ Auxiliary

If March 6 candidates want to start a group or prepare together for OCS I posted a thread on the Facebook OCS page. reach out anytime and go Navy.
Your recruiter tell you that date? My recruiter was telling me he's anticipating 2 weeks from now before I get a date. Dont know if the one in ENTRS rn is 100%

Ericackostaa

Lol, I see no lies! I look forward to meeting you!
Congrats btw, I know you’ll do great things!
You can look up the dates in CANTRAC to see what would work best for you and your command
Thank you, I will definitely do that now that way I can present him with the info. We truly appreciate all the help you provided us here.

flugzeug43

Hey guys sorry if this has been asked already. I received a ProRec-Y but still do not have a ship out date yet. Was wondering why that might be and when I can expect to get one. I'm trying to figure out when to resign from my civilian job. For background info, SWO was my second choice and I also submitted an AMDO application for a board that meets at the end of October. I was recently ProRec-N for NFO in August. Thank you.