• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

16AUG2021 SWO Board

exNavyOffRec

I am a reservist. And it's true, I didn't make it. I think they looked at my age waiver (by 5 months) and moved on. I don't think I was looked at passed that. I can't help but feel cheated a little due to the fact my package was complete for the last board, but wasn't processed due to "oversight" on my recruiter's part.
My OR suggested that I take the OAR (58) again to raise my score and take more classes to raise my GPA (3.6)

It is very possibly your age, the max age is 29 waiverable to 32, those are commissioned by ages so you would have needed to be in OCS by age 31 and 9 months.

In the past NRC was strict about age limits, then became a little flexible, and there have been several over the past year who age is outside the waiverable limit that have been turned down. The other factor could be they could self impose that only X number of selections will have age waivers, and given yours was not just due to over age 29 but also over the waiverable age that you were dinged due to that.

I don't think retaking the OAR will really do anything, especially if you had no other issues in your application, did he say if you were just a "N" or a "DNR".

jbybwing

It is very possibly your age, the max age is 29 waiverable to 32, those are commissioned by ages so you would have needed to be in OCS by age 31 and 9 months.

In the past NRC was strict about age limits, then became a little flexible, and there have been several over the past year who age is outside the waiverable limit that have been turned down. The other factor could be they could self impose that only X number of selections will have age waivers, and given yours was not just due to over age 29 but also over the waiverable age that you were dinged due to that.

I don't think retaking the OAR will really do anything, especially if you had no other issues in your application, did he say if you were just a "N" or a "DNR".

Attachments

• B06A95E5-5CCE-49B7-8114-BC5479DF1BEE.jpeg
    B06A95E5-5CCE-49B7-8114-BC5479DF1BEE.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 61

Navy21

OCS
Contributor
Congratulations to everyone who got picked up. unfortunately just got the call letting me know I did not get selected

Sorry about the news brother.

I've been in those shoes before and know it's tough. All I can say is If you want SWO just KEEP AT IT! Use this as a motivator, make changes where needed and apply again.

Wishing you the best