• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

13 Sep 21 Supply Corps Board

Xavier26

You can request a delay of reporting up to 30 days. That's what I did in order not to lose orders.
Unfortunately for me, I can't. I was already force extended 6 months because my replacement failed his overseas screening and my "command" consist of just 2 LS1's the rest are Local Nationals contractors. So the command could not afford to have a gap.

exNavyOffRec

But then I remember that when I enlisted my recruiter was missing a "quota" from a pacific islander and since I was born in Honduras that he would classified my as one, even though I am not.
I remember those enlisted recruiting "quotas", like one Chief Recruiter I knew said. If your overall goal is 10 and you get 10 and it supposed to be 5 diverse candidates and instead you get 10 white dudes, I will get on you about not getting the "diverse" part, but not as bad if you only brought in 5 total people even though all 5 were diverse.

isabg0919

SWO Candidate- OCS May 29, 2022
That’s crazy! I know I don’t understand the full picture but how does it take longer for these results than the previous board with this one having half the applicants?
Thought the same thing haha it makes no sense?. Ahhh I hope I get my second choice option otherwise my recruiter advised I wait until I graduate this May. I guess that might look better though.
But anyways good look I’ve seen you on a few boards and hope you get it this go around!

GameChanger

Thought the same thing haha it makes no sense?. Ahhh I hope I get my second choice option otherwise my recruiter advised I wait until I graduate this May. I guess that might look better though.
But anyways good look I’ve seen you on a few boards and hope you get it this go around!
Thank you! Good luck to you as well!!

freddyz

Going so crazy waiting for these results!!! What is taking so long??? Haha
Same here. I have this dream the AD quota will be higher on this board. Most of my SUPPO's were prior enlisted and they were all on point. No disrespect to the civilians most them are highly qualified with their own education & experience, but you can tell the difference right away.

isabg0919

Same here. I have this dream the AD quota will be higher on this board. Most of my SUPPO's were prior enlisted and they were all on point. No disrespect to the civilians most them are highly qualified with their own education & experience, but you can tell the difference right away.
Possibly, but again they are thinking of long term benefit too and as someone mentioned earlier it causes issues later if they change the quota too much with taking AD people. If they take more that would be awesome of course and I wouldn’t jump to any conclusions yet. So it could be the case or not. I thinking having a mix of people is always good and civilians also bring stuff to the table. And as you said most SUPPOS are prior enlisted and so there are plenty of ways to climb the ladder, need to be positive !:)

freddyz

Possibly, but again they are thinking of long term benefit too and as someone mentioned earlier it causes issues later if they change the quota too much with taking AD people. If they take more that would be awesome of course and I wouldn’t jump to any conclusions yet. So it could be the case or not. I thinking having a mix of people is always good and civilians also bring stuff to the table. And as you said most SUPPOS are prior enlisted and so there are plenty of ways to climb the ladder, need to be positive !:)
I don't understand. What issues though? It wasn't really explained properly. Best qualified is best qualified regardless if your civilian or AD.
Just to be clear most SUPPO's are actually civilian accessions. What I meant most SUPPO's i served with were prior enlisted things ran a lil smoother.

isabg0919

I don't understand. What issues though? It wasn't really explained properly. Best qualified is best qualified regardless if your civilian or AD.
Just to be clear most SUPPO's are actually civilian accessions. What I meant most SUPPO's i served with were prior enlisted things ran a lil smoother.
To be quite honest I’m not sure of the exact technical answer and details to that. You seem like you are versed in you supply chain knowledge and so I just know that it causes supply disruption by taking too many people out and moving them into Officer position. Also most AD people are older or don’t plan to stay in that much longer I think and so they get short term benefit by putting them into the Officer position if I understood what others told me. I think it’s the same reason they prefer younger officers (regardless of civilian or AD) as more potential of retaining them longer.

isabg0919

To be quite honest I’m not sure of the exact technical answer and details to that. You seem like you are versed in you supply chain knowledge and so I just know that it causes supply disruption by taking too many people out and moving them into Officer position. Also most AD people are older or don’t plan to stay in that much longer I think and so they get short term benefit by putting them into the Officer position if I understood what others told me. I think it’s the same reason they prefer younger officers (regardless of civilian or AD) as more potential of retaining them longer.
I’m sure someone can answer that better or your Officer advisor maybe haha. Also I definitely know what you are saying. respect to anyone serving I just am explaining why it is the way it is. Some services are different like AF and army I believe with percentage of enlisted that become officers

Rosepaul

If your not certain it should probably be left to someone with more knowledge, not guessing and speculation. You can be any rate and be moved to officer it isn’t disrupting anything. It seems as though you are trying to say. only supply can be supply officer, but then again that would be me assuming like you were.