• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

13 Sep 21 Supply Corps Board

isabg0919

SWO Candidate- OCS May 29, 2022
Yep…..It’s also A LOT more difficult for Enlisted to go Officer, particularly for Supply
Thank you for this advice. I’m lucky and in DEP right now but they are pulling me out because my original recruiter didn’t tell me about the 356 day rule and my graduation is a little after. You’d recommended not enlisting then it sounds. Thanks for the advice!

Ktimoll

Sinnocent
Thank you for this advice. I’m lucky and in DEP right now but they are pulling me out because my original recruiter didn’t tell me about the 356 day rule and my graduation is a little after. You’d recommended not enlisting then it sounds. Thanks for the advice!
I’m glad that worked out! Good luck!

Medical and financial has nothing to do with it, the board doesn't see those items. The non-medical waivers the board will be aware of, the medical waiver they will not.

In many cases for non-AD officer interviews are more likely neutral and will have no bearing or will have negative bearing, overall odds of them having a positive affect are low, for AD they can be an important factor.

Well non-AD don’t have to have an officer interview; I didn’t do one. And I think females have somewhat more of an advantage as well to promote equality in the workforce; the amount of female applicants that apply and get selected is a much higher ratio than men.

exNavyOffRec

Well non-AD don’t have to have an officer interview; I didn’t do one. And I think females have somewhat more of an advantage as well to promote equality in the workforce; the amount of female applicants that apply and get selected is a much higher ratio than men.
sex and race aren't looked at by the board, they cannot be considered, that info is used after board to determine exactly where to improve recruiting efforts.

Edit: on average the GPA of the women that apply tends to be much higher than men, the pool is smaller but the quality is much higher.

sex and race aren't looked at by the board, they cannot be considered, that info is used after board to determine exactly where to improve recruiting efforts.

Edit: on average the GPA of the women that apply tends to be much higher than men, the pool is smaller but the quality is much higher.

I don’t know if you saw my stats for the board…but I must be the unicorn selected then (tentatively)

I guarantee you I do not have the best GPA, the degree or the OAR. ? And if you’re saying that people can’t select base on sex, I would disagree (look at military history).

Last edited:

Xavier26

Hello All! Just wanted to share a fact that I found on the MPTE portal today. There is a notice that was realeased on Aug 2021 for AD Officer Accesion goals that breaks up the "credits" (quotas) per community. For Supply Corps is broken down as follow. Total 118 - Fleet Applications- 18, Region East - 43, Region Central - 22, Region West 35. The regions are for civilians applications. With that 18 quotas for AD explains why there is a low number of AD being selected.

Hoping to see the official results this week. Good luck to all!

freddyz

Please correct me if I am wrong. We had a potential 39 quotas to be used by the board. We had 72 applicants.. So far I was able to confirm what Ktimoll posted the names of the 21 unofficial selectees. AD guys if you have NTRS access you can look up class rosters for OCS & see if your names on it that's how I was able to confirm for the civilians. (I am an AD guy too). If all civilians are already selected that leaves about 18 quotas left. There are a lot of AD guys on this board about 30. You have a 50% spot of getting selected. That's if the board decides to use all the quota and there is not anymore civilians getting selected. Good luck to everyone.

isabg0919

Please correct me if I am wrong. We had a potential 39 quotas to be used by the board. We had 72 applicants.. So far I was able to confirm what Ktimoll posted the names of the 21 unofficial selectees. AD guys if you have NTRS access you can look up class rosters for OCS & see if your names on it that's how I was able to confirm for the civilians. (I am an AD guy too). If all civilians are already selected that leaves about 18 quotas left. There are a lot of AD guys on this board about 30. You have a 50% spot of getting selected. That's if the board decides to use all the quota and there is not anymore civilians getting selected. Good luck to everyone.
22 were posted, but yeah I don’t know if they will take all 39 this time around. They didn’t change percent taken from civilians so I don’t know if they will change percent for AD this board either. I could be wrong.

Ktimoll

Sinnocent
AD will not be assigned a class date until after results are released and the command provides earliest release date

Xavier26

The way I see it that there is a potential of 39 quotas being utillized. 72 applicants, 30 AD and 42 civilians. Out of those there will be probably 6 AD selected, leaving 33 quotas for civilians. I highly doubt the board will utilize all the 18 quotas for AD in one single board. That's just my thoughts on it. I can be completely wrong.

isabg0919

The way I see it that there is a potential of 39 quotas being utillized. 72 applicants, 30 AD and 42 civilians. Out of those there will be probably 6 AD selected, leaving 33 quotas for civilians. I highly doubt the board will utilize all the 18 quotas for AD in one single board. That's just my thoughts on it. I can be completely wrong.
Yes, I agree. I don't think they will fill the full 39 quota this round either because small number of applicants.

freddyz

Maybe, but I think its depends on the community needs. If they haven't met their goal numbers they adjust as necessary.