• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

13 Sep 21 Supply Corps Board

exNavyOffRec

And if you’re saying that people can’t select base on sex, I would disagree (look at military history).
They can only look at professional experience, Supply does look at statements and such so you can also get a wider variety of people being selected that would not for other designators.

Ktimoll

Sinnocent
22 were posted, but yeah I don’t know if they will take all 39 this time around. They didn’t change percent taken from civilians so I don’t know if they will change percent for AD this board either. I could be wrong.
Please correct me if I am wrong. We had a potential 39 quotas to be used by the board. We had 72 applicants.. So far I was able to confirm what Ktimoll posted the names of the 21 unofficial selectees. AD guys if you have NTRS access you can look up class rosters for OCS & see if your names on it that's how I was able to confirm for the civilians. (I am an AD guy too). If all civilians are already selected that leaves about 18 quotas left. There are a lot of AD guys on this board about 30. You have a 50% spot of getting selected. That's if the board decides to use all the quota and there is not anymore civilians getting selected. Good luck to everyone.
Also, I don’t think all the civilians were
Yes, I agree. I don't think they will fill the full 39 quota this round either because small number of applicants.
The way I see it that there is a potential of 39 quotas being utillized. 72 applicants, 30 AD and 42 civilians. Out of those there will be probably 6 AD selected, leaving 33 quotas for civilians. I highly doubt the board will utilize all the 18 quotas for AD in one single board. That's just my thoughts on it. I can be completely wrong.
I agree, don’t see AD selections increasing that drastically

Ktimoll

Sinnocent
Maybe, but I think its depends on the community needs. If they haven't met their goal numbers they adjust as necessary.
The community has been this way for quite a while, it won’t adjust the numbers that drastically, as that has its own set of problems later on

Ktimoll

Sinnocent
Same thought here lol I’m starting my reconsideration package after seeing all these statistics of AD selection
Funny you say that, I told my CoC one Thursday that I’d be rerouting my reconsideration package in the event that I don’t get selected as the next deadline was approaching, results came out the very next day, lol

Xavier26

Funny you say that, I told my CoC one Thursday that I’d be rerouting my reconsideration package in the event that I don’t get selected as the next deadline was approaching, results came out the very next day, lol
I hope that is the case for us. I won't be able to resubmit since I am about to PCS. The matter of fact the results are the only thing holding me from having my transfer package routed since I can't transfer until the results are out.

BDavis11

Contributor
I hope that is the case for us. I won't be able to resubmit since I am about to PCS. The matter of fact the results are the only thing holding me from having my transfer package routed since I can't transfer until the results are out.
I am in the same situation but for pilot/nfo board. However, I am scheduled to xfer regardless. My results determine whether I sell my within 30 days or not.. NO FUN.

Xavier26

I am in the same situation but for pilot/nfo board. However, I am scheduled to xfer regardless. My results determine whether I sell my within 30 days or not.. NO FUN.
Absolutely no FUN! I have 4 weeks left at my current command. And if I do get selected I will most likely be here until the beginning of next year. How are you going to transfer regardless? I thought we are not allowed to transfer until results are out and if selected your orders get canceled. ? Maybe I am misinformed.

BDavis11

Contributor
Absolutely no FUN! I have 4 weeks left at my current command. And if I do get selected I will most likely be here until the beginning of next year. How are you going to transfer regardless? I thought we are not allowed to transfer until results are out and if selected your orders get canceled. ? Maybe I am misinformed.
That’s what I thought as well. I go in xfer leave starting 23nov. The board is 1nov. Guess my command said eff it plan like your leaving. Already started checking out of everything. If I get selected before I leave I am interested to see what they do then.

freddyz

You can request a delay of reporting up to 30 days. That's what I did in order not to lose orders.

exNavyOffRec

Hello All! Just wanted to share a fact that I found on the MPTE portal today. There is a notice that was realeased on Aug 2021 for AD Officer Accesion goals that breaks up the "credits" (quotas) per community. For Supply Corps is broken down as follow. Total 118 - Fleet Applications- 18, Region East - 43, Region Central - 22, Region West 35. The regions are for civilians applications. With that 18 quotas for AD explains why there is a low number of AD being selected.

Hoping to see the official results this week. Good luck to all!
I had a brief message from a friend of mine and I asked about this, he isn't 100% sure as he had been out, however he believes what they were going for is not a quota but a "quota" in that at the end of the board when they look at the selections and identify where they are from that the breakdown would look like above, and if not then the NTAG's need to do a better job.

There was something like this tried years and years ago and it didn't go well, basically you could have one region with the top 30 candidates and another with the bottom 30 and the region with the top 30 has a bunch of people shafted, it all kind of goes against the "best qualified" idea.

Xavier26

I had a brief message from a friend of mine and I asked about this, he isn't 100% sure as he had been out, however he believes what they were going for is not a quota but a "quota" in that at the end of the board when they look at the selections and identify where they are from that the breakdown would look like above, and if not then the NTAG's need to do a better job.

There was something like this tried years and years ago and it didn't go well, basically you could have one region with the top 30 candidates and another with the bottom 30 and the region with the top 30 has a bunch of people shafted, it all kind of goes against the "best qualified" idea.
That was exactly one of my thoughts as I was reading the notice. Thinking how can that be feasible if the idea is to get the best qualified. But then I remember that when I enlisted my recruiter was missing a "quota" from a pacific islander and since I was born in Honduras that he would classified my as one, even though I am not. So I can see some of the boards selecting some people over others just because then need to closely match those "quotas". Specially if you consider the fact that for AD is so low and that is very close to what we see in the board results. ?