• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

13 Sep 21 Supply Corps Board

isabg0919

SWO Candidate- OCS May 29, 2022
If your not certain it should probably be left to someone with more knowledge, not guessing and speculation. You can be any rate and be moved to officer it isn’t disrupting anything. It seems as though you are trying to say. only supply can be supply officer, but then again that would be me assuming like you were.
Yeah I was just answering the question to the best of my ability since he asked me but you are right in that someone in that place should answer as we don’t know everything. I was trying to go off of what previous people have said that have been Officer recruiters.

freddyz

There is a lot of bad gouge on this website. I get it. This is probably the only source of "insider info" you can get. As I was an Officer recruiter who recruited all types of designators SWO, NFO, SUPPLY etc. so i know a lil bit more than most. You are right on one thing about age portion and that's called "return on investment", but i would counter with this there are many one tour wonders for non AD personnel who will simply get out to try another careers. The AD quota is tiny so disrupting is simply not true. Most AD guys stay in if selected trust me I believe most AD guys on this forum could agree. Its the civilians who have the time on their side to try at other careers. I am always positive and never give up on your goals. I can say for everyone hurry with these results so we can make our next moves. Good Luck

Last edited:

isabg0919

Yeah I was just answering the question to the best of my ability since he asked me but you are right in that someone in that place should answer as we don’t know everything. I was trying to go off of what previous people have said that have been Officer recruiters.
But yeah I’d just focus on being positive :). overthinking can be a bad thing and I did that a lot of if I was a good candidate or not. You never know who they will take. Just keep working through the process and Im sure you’ll get it!

Squarren

What’s with all those names being posted last week if results aren’t supposed to come out until next week? Does it typically take that long to release official results?

isabg0919

What’s with all those names being posted last week if results aren’t supposed to come out until next week? Does it typically take that long to release official results?
After “unofficial results” come out or someone hears they were selected by their recruiter it is like two more weeks until the official list. That is next week now for us

exNavyOffRec

There is a lot of bad gouge on this website. I get it. This is probably the only source of "insider info" you can get. As I was an Officer recruiter who recruited all types of designators SWO, NFO, SUPPLY etc. so i know a lil bit more than most. You are right on one thing about age portion and that's called "return on investment", but i would counter with this there are many one tour wonders for non AD personnel who will simply get out to try another careers. The AD quota is tiny so disrupting is simply not true. Most AD guys stay in if selected trust me I believe most AD guys on this forum could agree. Its the civilians who have the time on their side to try at other careers. I am always positive and never give up on your goals. I can say for everyone hurry with these results so we can make our next moves. Good Luck

The officer progression is not designed for a majority to stay in, the who organizational structure is based on those who do one tour and get out, officer retention is pushed by Dept Heads as it makes them look good, but I have had a Dept Head who was pushing his JO's to talk to the detailer and stay and the detailer told them stay or go, we have met our retention quota for your YG, so it can be interesting.

In general most of those who are AD and pick up officer stay until retirement, but there are issues with those with AD time. I have seen quite a few who were picked up with less than 4 years AD who did one tour and left as they didn't have much time invested. Those with around 10 years are most likely going to stay but a lot retire after hitting 20 and that is around the LT/LCDR point, that creates manning issues, and that is the reason why they now limit AD time. It has much more of a negative effect on smaller designators, Supply and IWC used to pick fairly large percentages (compared to other designators) of AD until some of these issues were coming up.

adamrobe

Just found out from my Captain this morning I was selected for OCS! Results should be coming to your Commanding Officer here shortly, my friends. I apologize, I don't have a list. If anyone needs any assistance for this upcoming board feel free to reach out. This was my second submission and I really stacked the deck after all my lessons learned from my first submission. Good luck to all and looking forward to hearing some more positive news on here!

Dark813Side

Contributor
Just found out from my Captain this morning I was selected for OCS! Results should be coming to your Commanding Officer here shortly, my friends. I apologize, I don't have a list. If anyone needs any assistance for this upcoming board feel free to reach out. This was my second submission and I really stacked the deck after all my lessons learned from my first submission. Good luck to all and looking forward to hearing some more positive news on here!
Congratulations!

Dark813Side

Contributor
Are the results in your BOL ?

Ktimoll

Sinnocent
Congratulations!!!!!