• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Supply Board 9 MAR 2020

djatlas60

Hey everyone, I've seen that this thread has been pretty active lately! With all the uncertainty that's been going on with Covid-19, I wanted to throw some reassurance out there that it's normal for the Supply boards to take this long. I was a part of the last Supply board to convene (18-Nov-19) and didn't receive any updates for about 5-6 weeks. Long story short, my recruiter went on a Christmas vacation during the last week of December when the results supposedly came out. When he returned on January 3rd (6.5 weeks after the board convened), he called me up to let me know that I was selected! So the math says that it was around the 5-6 week mark that the results came out. Obviously every board varies but just wanted to share my personal ordeal of patience if it offers any encouragement. Best of luck to all of you.

cmundey

Hey everyone, I've seen that this thread has been pretty active lately! With all the uncertainty that's been going on with Covid-19, I wanted to throw some reassurance out there that it's normal for the Supply boards to take this long. I was a part of the last Supply board to convene (18-Nov-19) and didn't receive any updates for about 5-6 weeks. Long story short, my recruiter went on a Christmas vacation during the last week of December when the results supposedly came out. When he returned on January 3rd (6.5 weeks after the board convened), he called me up to let me know that I was selected! So the math says that it was around the 5-6 week mark that the results came out. Obviously every board varies but just wanted to share my personal ordeal of patience if it offers any encouragement. Best of luck to all of you.
Thank you for the info and congratulations on the selection! Your stats are similar to mine, did you have anything in your package that you felt made you stand out?

djatlas60

Thank you for the info and congratulations on the selection! Your stats are similar to mine, did you have anything in your package that you felt made you stand out?
My strong suits were probably the business-oriented degree along with the high GPA, even though it wasn't from a top tier college or anything. Everything else seemed fairly average. OAR was a 54. 2 LORs from a college professor (PhD) and a retired Army CW4. I actually had all three IWC designators listed above Supply on my preference list (though I am more than happy to have been selected for Supply). Believe me, wish I had a crystal ball at the time to know just what they were looking for. Feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

Griesyburger

My strong suits were probably the business-oriented degree along with the high GPA, even though it wasn't from a top tier college or anything. Everything else seemed fairly average. OAR was a 54. 2 LORs from a college professor (PhD) and a retired Army CW4. I actually had all three IWC designators listed above Supply on my preference list (though I am more than happy to have been selected for Supply). Believe me, wish I had a crystal ball at the time to know just what they were looking for. Feel free to ask if you have any other questions.
Appreciate you sticking around and giving us some insight. Good luck whenever you head to OCS!

cmundey

Awesome, thanks again for this! We have the same OAR...I have a STEM degree with a 3.5 GPA and a revised motivational statement. I think my LORs are my weak area.

This is my second time applying after increasing my OAR from a 48. I really don't know what to expect.

djatlas60

Awesome, thanks again for this! We have the same OAR...I have a STEM degree with a 3.5 GPA and a revised motivational statement. I think my LORs are my weak area.

This is my second time applying after increasing my OAR from a 48. I really don't know what to expect.
You're looking pretty solid to me. Good job on getting that OAR well up over the 50 mark. I felt the same way about my LORs, just stay positive.

Has anyone contacted their recruiter since last Thursday? That’s when I contacted mine and he said the board was moved to May. Hoping someone can corroborate that.

Bags

Has anyone contacted their recruiter since last Thursday? That’s when I contacted mine and he said the board was moved to May. Hoping someone can corroborate that.
Messaged my recruiter today. He said that he had confirmation that the board met. Still no results but if I hear anything else I’ll let y’all know. We just had to apply to become a Naval Officer in a pandemic??

cmundey

Messaged my recruiter today. He said that he had confirmation that the board met. Still no results but if I hear anything else I’ll let y’all know. We just had to apply to become a Naval Officer in a pandemic??
I'm sure the board has already met now considering what my OR has told me and now what yours has said. We at least got lucky and had a board date before things really got out of control.

Does anyone know the process of the board meeting? Is it a one day thing or does it take a couple days? I’ve tried looking it up but never found anything on it. Because if it does take more than one day, it would make sense if the board shows as “met” but no decisions have been made. Again, I have no idea, just trying to figure things out.

Does anyone know the process of the board meeting? Is it a one day thing or does it take a couple days? I’ve tried looking it up but never found anything on it. Because if it does take more than one day, it would make sense if the board shows as “met” but no decisions have been made. Again, I have no idea, just trying to figure things out.

there is training on NKO about the process of how a board meets, however every board is different and there is no set “time” on how long each board will last. After the board meets the results are vetted through another process and then signed and released to the individuals and public via message traffic, it’s not a quick process. With everything that is going on I would expect a process that already took a while to take even longer.