• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Supply Board 9 MAR 2020

cmundey

My first time applying for Supply I waited about 3 weeks to hear back. Really hoping it’s a bit quicker this time around.

Griesyburger

My first time applying for Supply I waited about 3 weeks to hear back. Really hoping it’s a bit quicker this time around.
Thanks for the insight and hope you get picked up this time around. Can I ask what you did to improve your package from the last board?

cmundey

Thanks for the insight and hope you get picked up this time around. Can I ask what you did to improve your package from the last board?
Thank you! I’m hoping so as well.
I improved my OAR from a 48 to 54. I was lucky enough to have a new Ensign in OHARP help me completely draft a new motivational statement. I also added my finalized transcript, GPA and degree since those were not accessible to me when I submitted my last package.

Griesyburger

I improved my OAR from a 48 to 54. I was lucky enough to have a new Ensign in OHARP help me completely draft a new motivational statement. I also added my finalized transcript, GPA and degree since those were not accessible to me when I submitted my last package.
Any specific pointers you can give? I know it's a general question without seeing my own statement but am curious to what your strategy is because I've read so much conflicting views

cmundey

Any specific pointers you can give? I know it's a general question without seeing my own statement but am curious to what your strategy is because I've read so much conflicting views
What are some of the conflicting views you've heard?

Some of my revisions included:
  1. Actually thanking the board this time for considering me.
  2. Breaking my statement into three paragraphs. The first is an intro/summary, the second is a more detailed paragraph explaining what exactly I've been up to and how my background has prepared me to become a Naval Officer. The third paragraph is a typical conclusion.
  3. I actually made my statement relevant to my potential career as a Supply Officer. In my previous board, my statement was seriously not up to par in relevancy and how it has even prepared me for this transition.

Griesyburger

What are some of the conflicting views you've heard?

Some of my revisions included:
  1. Actually thanking the board this time for considering me.
  2. Breaking my statement into three paragraphs. The first is an intro/summary, the second is a more detailed paragraph explaining what exactly I've been up to and how my background has prepared me to become a Naval Officer. The third paragraph is a typical conclusion.
  3. I actually made my statement relevant to my potential career as a Supply Officer. In my previous board, my statement was seriously not up to par in relevancy and how it has even prepared me for this transition.
Nice this is pretty much what I wrote but it's reassuring to hear it from someone else. As to the conflicting views, I've heard some say you should focus on your number #1 designator while others have said don't worry about the designator but state why the Navy needs you as an officer period. I went with the latter because I'm going for both Supply and Intel and didn't want to ostracize one

Bags

Do you know if there was a spreadsheet made from the scores of last Supply board?