• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current A-Pool/API students? Pathetic...or The Great Mustin Beach O'Club Thread

CAMike

None
Contributor
OK -that's it. I have tremendous respect for the 1310's and of course 1315's out there. But yes I've heard the black/brown debate for too many years. According to the regs -all O's can wear them.

I'm going out and buying a pair of Bates Browns just to be "that guy". I've been out of the NAV for umpteen years and darn it I'm now going to wear Brown Shoes! Oh yeah and I'm going to bear LARGE Rum-Cokes and LARGE beers whilst I wear them. In fact "Only" while I wear them... let's remember the brown shoes who for whatever reason aren't physically able to wear them anymore ...for what ever reason.

And for you OCS candidates- make sure you show up on day one in Newport wearing Brown shoes! The pain will only last a few months.

USNMark

And for you OCS candidates- make sure you show up on day one in Newport wearing Brown shoes! The pain will only last a few months.

KILLER idea, sir. I'll give it some serious thought.

*end threadjack. I'll go back to my corner until I have my warfare device.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
This is probably the attitude that keeps SNA/SNFO's (the unworthy) from showing up at the club or wearing brown shoes.

It's about knowing your place. A stud (or less) that's yet to do shit but show up for flight training, giving shit to ANYONE with ANY warefare device, that's been deployed, and been on the pointy end... deserves a kick in the ass and be put in their place. Phrog is right. Show up to the club, have a blast, socialize, just know where the lines are.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
Holy. Fuck. This guy should be the laughing stock of the SWO world...

What is this world coming to...

Not at all, I don't think. And he wasn't exactly your standard SWO...prior-enlisted in the Army, forward Naval artillery spotter (with jump wings), did a tour with the NSA in Saudi Arabia, and other things along those unconventional lines. No laughing stock by any means in my book.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
It's about knowing your place. A stud (or less) that's yet to do shit but show up for flight training, giving shit to ANYONE with ANY warefare device, that's been deployed, and been on the pointy end... deserves a kick in the ass and be put in their place. Phrog is right. Show up to the club, have a blast, socialize, just know where the lines are.

Well.. Can we at least poke fun at the non-pinned shoes? :D

Ace_Austin

pilot
If there are any pinned individuals out there who took offense to that, they have my apologies. It wasn't intended as anything beyond the normal ribbing one community gives another.

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
So what about a SNA who has been in flight school for 1.5 years ribbing a winged P-3 NFO puke who got their wings after four months... or is it four weeks now?

Or a jet pipeline NFO ribbing the same winged P-3 NFO? Or lets say there is a LT who never got their warfare device, can I make fun of them as soon as I am winged? Then again, what about somebody who has a warfare device yet has not been deployed making fun of somebody with no device who has been deployed? It's just so confusing. Perhaps we should put up a sticky of forum rules on who can and cannot talk smack, it would be much easier.

Disclaimer: If you are winged, a higher rank, same rank with more time in rank, have more ribbons, better looking than me and a P-3 NFO... I am sorry I said "NFO Puke" in above statement and made fun of the short time it takes to get your wings. It was not meant to insult you or degrade your accomplishment.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
My office is in TW5 and I see studs checking in wearing black shoes. I give them a ration of shit for it. Same excuse, I don't want to jinx myself. I say you jinx yourself by wearing SWO shoes. The day I was comissioned, I starting wearing brown shoes being I was a 1390 select. No jinx here. Shoe color doesn't determine your outcome. Performance with is what determines your future.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
FWIW, I've never seen anyone in the submarine community wearing brown shoes, even though the regs state that it is allowed.

When he was Commandant at Boat Skool, this submariner wore brown shoes with his khakis all the time:
admiral-Leidig.jpg

My company officer (also a submariner) used to act really pissed about it. Something about "Commandant wears his wife's shoes". . .Yeah, I didn't get it either.:icon_wink