• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current A-Pool/API students? Pathetic...or The Great Mustin Beach O'Club Thread

trackgain

As a former P-3 Aircrewman and now an Intel Officer (PowerPoint Ranger), I still wear my Brown Shoes. I've never gotten any ration of crap about it. I tell them upfront that I maybe a "nose picker" (as you call us), but my heart will always be with the aviation community.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
...and now an Intel Officer (PowerPoint Ranger), I still wear my Brown Shoes.

if/when I'm selected for Intel Officer, I'm seriously considering the Brown shoes route, even though I have no former ties to the aviation community.

IMHO, brown shoes look much better with the khakis uniform.

hmmmm.. I wonder how much flack I'll take for it :confused:

puck_11

Growler LSO
pilot
Up here in Whidbey during AVEWS one of the winged NFO's didn't have brown shoes with his khakis and the LT instructor wouldn't start class until he went to the NEX and bought a pair.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Up here in Whidbey during AVEWS one of the winged NFO's didn't have brown shoes with his khakis and the LT instructor wouldn't start class until he went to the NEX and bought a pair.
Fing hilarious. I bet I know which instructor it was. That should have been an instant callsign. Bonus points if they were the wrong size and the guy walked like a duck the rest of the day.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Here's the thing for flight school studs and their brown kicks:

Regardless of whether you don't want to wear brown shoes, think you're jinxing yourself, would rather spend the $40 on hookers and blow, or just think brown shoes clash with your big blue eyes...

...nothing good ever comes of making yourself stand out to the instructors on the first day.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
OK -that's it. I have tremendous respect for the 1310's and of course 1315's out there.

No love for the 1317s?

FWIW, my first pair of brown shoes were given to me as a gift. An H-2 pilot was stashed at my NROTC unit waiting to get out and he bought them for me when he found out I got SNA. Funny thing is he never paid for another beer when we were out together. In hindsight, he made a wise investment:)

Flyboylance

New VR FTS select
pilot
I invested in my first pair of brown shoes today.. Man they look good!!

Funny thing is, there was another ensign buying his first pair today also. He said he had been getting alot of shit for wearing black shoes.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
Here's the thing for flight school studs and their brown kicks:

Regardless of whether you don't want to wear brown shoes, think you're jinxing yourself, would rather spend the $40 on hookers and blow, or just think brown shoes clash with your big blue eyes...

...nothing good ever comes of making yourself stand out to the instructors on the first day.

The sad thing is that when I started API, I was the only USN student w/ the proper footwear, which made me stick out to the inspecting officer... see my signature for the rest of the story.

Flyingfree99

As I can see the majority of people are in huge favor of brown shoes as soon as SNA's get to P'cola, but how does everyone feel about leather jackets and even brown boots with flightsuits?