• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current A-Pool/API students? Pathetic...or The Great Mustin Beach O'Club Thread

phrogpilot73

So I'm here in P-Cola for ASO school, and I'm noticing two things.

1. A LOT of black shoes. Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen many Ens's with brown shoes. Pussies.

2. The O'Club is fucking dead. The Ens/2ndLt (now 1stLt) parking space is empty. I never parked there because it was always occupied when I was here. Not to mention that jack & shit is going on for the BCS Championship.

Time to man up young Ens's and Lt's!! Time to live up to the leadership crap that you read about!! Time to revive this once fine, outstanding O'Club and bring it back to its glory days!! You can start with getting them to do something for the BCS. If that's to close a target - aim for the superbowl. Start showing up for lunch (I saw a lot of O-3+, not many O-2-), ask them about hosting special events, beg for a happy hour. Make it better!

If you even try and post some crap about how "I gotta study" or "The base CO is a prick and we'll get arrested." I've got two responses: You're a fucking pussy, and get a DD. It can be done. It should be done. It will be done.

If I drive by again and see the Ens/2ndLt spot empty - I'm going to find an Ens/2ndLt and shit on you, just because I can...

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
So tell us how you really feel...

I remember the place was always packed on Friday afternoons and that was only a little more than a year ago. I never saw the ENS/1stLt spot empty either. Maybe you should show up to A-pool and give them a motivating speech.

MasterBates

Do I have to fly down to Pensacola and begin kicking peoples asses?

Seriously guys, if you can't keep the PCola O-Club open, how the hell do you expect to keep anything nice in the Navy/Marines?

You are in API or A-Pool. You are NOT that busy. If API takes more than the scheduled class, and MAYBE 2 hours before tests, you are retarded. If that is the case, you might as well get retarded at the club.

And SNFOs.. You can go there for lunch or a beer after a flight. If you are with a couple certain IPs (Hozer and EA6BFlyer amongst others) you might even be able to talk them into a debrief at the club where the knowledges you won't find in an FTI or NATOPS will be shared.

phrogpilot73

So tell us how you really feel...

I remember the place was always packed on Friday afternoons and that was only a little more than a year ago. I never saw the ENS/1stLt spot empty either. Maybe you should show up to A-pool and give them a motivating speech.
They've got a bye... for now... I got here on Monday night and have only been there for lunches (a key O'Club time), and some beers at the conclusion of ASO. Both time periods, space was empty and club dead. I'm going to swing by on Friday after ASO and see if those fuckers are up to the task. If not - I'm going to find a random stash Ens and kick him in the junk.

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
Phrog, you sound like a bitter SOB who just got orders to Diego Garcia handing out basketballs. :D

Anyways, the last few times I went there, it was pretty busy. About 15-20 ens and your normal 0-2/0-3. The wife and I shot in there for a burger and beer. Speaking of which, the bastards took out the Newcastle tap and replaced it with some domestic BS! Not many places here in "wonderful" Pcola to get Newcastle on tap.

I'm not sure if this matters but there are three or four DIVOLC classes with 30 students each this week. Either way, our class will be there tomorrow when we get out. You should meet us there. I'll buy you a beer for your frustration. ;)

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
What is the deal with the "Any ENS/1stLT" spot.

So only Navy O-1s and Marine O-2s can park there? If you are a Marine O-1 you are out of luck? Or does it mean Any ENS and The First LT?

I went there for lunch a few times, but it always felt awkward to be sitting next to a table of O-6s, if you know what I mean.

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
Two years ago, that sign said and any ENS/2nd LT. I guess they changed it because the Marines are always a little bit slow. I always thought it would be best to say any SNA/SNFO, but I guess that is to complicated. Oh well, no matter what, you have a better parking spot than the CO of the Blue Angels.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
I never got this....why doesn't a 2ndLt rate an ENS's parking spot? (yes I see D_Rob has beaten me to the punch).

I went there a lot for lunch when I worked on base, and it was pretty good (esp compared to the NASCC O-club), but admittedly, it never occurred to me as a place to go for a drink.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've fucking given up on the brown shoes. Every time I tell some student to go buy a pair of genuine American Naval Aviator kicks, they get that slightly alarmed, kicked-puppy look in their big droopy eyes and give me some bullshit about "not jinxing myself".

Kids today, with their rock-and-roll and hula-hoops. Can't tell 'em shit.

In fairness, though, the Club is on a downward spiral of suck, and I can't really blame the cones for giving it a miss. The current managing company (Sodexho?) seems determined to shut it down, or just go to a catering-only deal, or anyway - drive away the customers by any and all means. Takes for fucking ever to get a burger, and the menu is being overtaken by frilly tea-party items. You can get some sort of rosemary-ciabatta bread confection, but ask for a roller? No way. Why not? Because fuck you, that's why.

phrogpilot73

I'm not sure if this matters but there are three or four DIVOLC classes with 30 students each this week. Either way, our class will be there tomorrow when we get out. You should meet us there. I'll buy you a beer for your frustration. ;)
I've had lunch there twice. Three tables of O-3's/O-4's, and one table of O-1's (none of which were parked in their space). There's a reason you have a parking space, you outnumber us by a great deal...

As for tomorrow - perfect opportunity to meet up at the O'Club for ALL youngin's who want to learn about a multitude of platforms. My ASO school class has our social tomorrow, 1600 at the O'Club. Students in my class include:

USMC:
F/A-18
A/V-8B
CH-46E
MV-22
CH-53D
AH-1W
KC-130

USN:
P-3
E-6
SH-60B
T-34
T-45
And a bunch of others I don't remember.

USCG:
HH-65
HH-60
HU-25

Italian Navy:
Harrier
EH-101

I went there for lunch a few times, but it always felt awkward to be sitting next to a table of O-6s, if you know what I mean.
Pussy.

In fairness, though, the Club is on a downward spiral of suck, and I can't really blame the cones for giving it a miss. The current managing company (Sodexho?) seems determined to shut it down, or just go to a catering-only deal, or anyway - drive away the customers by any and all means. Takes for fucking ever to get a burger, and the menu is being overtaken by frilly tea-party items. You can get some sort of rosemary-ciabatta bread confection, but ask for a roller? No way. Why not? Because fuck you, that's why.
Now that you said Sodexho, that explains a lot... I was almost late to class today because they were so slow... At least they've got a full menu! Lejeune's O'Club is a daily buffet of suck. Jan 6th I asked for honey mustard for my salad, they're out "because of the holidays." Time to drink them dry...

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
phrogpilot73 said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Rob

Pussy.

Noted.

And Sodexho is also a French company, which I thought was strange. They did the food service at my college, it was ok, but nothing special. Better at large food service and not smaller things like the O-Club. I did always like Sushi Wednesday though...

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
...Takes for fucking ever to get a burger...
The biggest reason I never went there. I had one lunch that I was sitting there for 2 hours before I finally got food. A good conversation and a late breakfast kept me from raising hell. That and the hours are strange too IIRC, like not open for lunch some days/

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
We raged pretty hard on the club last year... I finished API in mid october 07 and we hit it for lunch or drinks pretty regularly. It helped that our Nav instructor made O Club participation part of his soap box.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've fucking given up on the brown shoes. Every time I tell some student to go buy a pair of genuine American Naval Aviator kicks, they get that slightly alarmed, kicked-puppy look in their big droopy eyes and give me some bullshit about "not jinxing myself".

Kids today, with their rock-and-roll and hula-hoops. Can't tell 'em shit.

I didn't even know it was open for lunch. I had always heard that it only did catering. I will definitely try it at some point and see how it goes. I have heard though that the happy hours are decently priced, so when I start API soon hopefully I'll get people to go with me after class. Cheap beer that is close to work makes me happy.

And as far as the brown shoes go this ENS is doing her part in setting the example :)