• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current A-Pool/API students? Pathetic...or The Great Mustin Beach O'Club Thread

phrogpilot73

I missed lunch in the O'Club there today (I'll likely be there tomorrow though), had to schedule the upcoming long weekend with our timeshare... I spent my lunch hour mainly on hold - but I got a resort in Orlando with a jacuzzi and only used our rollover points. Add in that PSW is probably going to get a flight using her United miles, and we're also going to cash out the rest of her miles for meal vouchers, and go to Disney for free... It was worth missing lunch in the O'Club for a FREE 3 day vacation.

I was happy to see Praying4OCS in the Ens spot as I pulled up, and H20Man and cfam came as well. cfam got good gouge from a classmate of mine (ASO classmate, and USNA classmate) about NFO to pilot transition (he started as a Prowler NFO and is now an MH-60S pilot). I saw Praying4OCS talking to a couple of the F/A-18 guys.

Unfortunately, that's all that showed up outside of my ASO school class.

And the rant was brought on more from lack of understanding of structures (at least it's a good teacher) and RW Aero (I thought the collective created lift...). Had one of the first HF lessons today (on HFACS). I think I'd rather have my nuts stepped on with a pair of golf shoes than go through that again.

Pags

N/A
pilot
And the rant was brought on more from lack of understanding of structures (at least it's a good teacher) and RW Aero (I thought the collective created lift...). Had one of the first HF lessons today (on HFACS). I think I'd rather have my nuts stepped on with a pair of golf shoes than go through that again.

Ah, so many memories that I've repressed.

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
<---- wears "brown" shoes all the time, and I'm not even commissioned yet...

(actually their black but, with the sand/dust I constantly walk around campus in, they're pretty much brown after a 5 minute walk) just like the OE aviators did it... ;)

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Last night was a good time, I think me and H20 are heading back there tonight for happy hour if anyone's interested. @Phrog, the gouge definitely helped. I found the instructions he was talking about and started the process today.

TrunkMonkey

Spy Navy
As for people saying they'll "jinx themselves," I tell them they're more likely to jinx themselves by wearing black shoes...

Jinx yourself? Myself and most of the other ground-pounders and CPOs I have seen in my community wear brown shoes or boots with khakis. And none of them are winged (unless EAWS counts). It is just to express being a part of the aviation community. The regulation regarding who could and could not wear them was changed several years ago to make them optional with khakis for people of any designator. Wear them - they look nicer!

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Jinx yourself? Myself and most of the other ground-pounders and CPOs I have seen in my community wear brown shoes or boots with khakis. And none of them are winged (unless EAWS counts). It is just to express being a part of the aviation community. The regulation regarding who could and could not wear them was changed several years ago to make them optional with khakis for people of any designator. Wear them - they look nicer!

Within the aviation community, or an aviation designation. To my knowledge SWO's can't wear them, even if they wanted to. (Nor should they be).

Trivia time, who knows where brown shoes originated? No cheating with YNSN Google.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
Within the aviation community, or an aviation designation. To my knowledge SWO's can't wear them, even if they wanted to. (Nor should they be).

I'm pretty sure they can. My last CO was a SWO and he wore brown shoes with khakis sometimes. His wife had seen aviators (and NFOs, CPOs, etc.) wearing them on one of his shore tours and made him buy browns because she thought it ridiculous to wear black shoes with a khaki uniform (which it is :)).

Trivia time, who knows where brown shoes originated? No cheating with YNSN Google.

North Island, 1913....with STUDENT Naval Aviators.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.

Uniform regs make no mention of a specific designator for brown shoes.

I have no dog in this fight, but for people who think they will be "presumpuous,": I have yet to see a winged aviator on this forum say that an SNA should not wear brown shoes.

Random question: Is the dip in the cover an aviator-only thing? I have seen a couple people do it here, but they are few and far between.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
I will likewise be down in about 2 weeks and change. The queen and I drove by the NASP O-Club a few weeks ago and were pretty impressed by the structure and location. It's a shame that such a facility doesn't get more business than it does. Function of lousy rules, chow, and service I would imagine.

If the crowd is as thin as it seems, I might even park in the 1stLt spot and put my cover on the bar.:eek:

phrogpilot73

I'm pretty sure they can. My last CO was a SWO and he wore brown shoes with khakis sometimes. His wife had seen aviators (and NFOs, CPOs, etc.) wearing them on one of his shore tours and made him buy browns because she thought it ridiculous to wear black shoes with a khaki uniform (which it is :)).
Holy. Fuck. This guy should be the laughing stock of the SWO world. PSW is fiercely proud of being a black shoe, and I doubt she could be convinced to wear brown because it looks better. My Dad (retired O-6) was fiercely proud of being a black shoe, and I don't think he'd be persuaded to wear brown. My brother-in-law (an active duty O-5) is fiercely proud of being a black shoe, and won't wear brown.

What is this world coming to...

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
^ You need to find a better class of people to hang around.....that's too damn many shoes there..... :eek: :D