• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current A-Pool/API students? Pathetic...or The Great Mustin Beach O'Club Thread

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The O'Clubs not that bad. The food's been good the times I've been there, although the service is pretty slow. They need to improve the beer selection though.

Don't even get me started on the whole brown shoe thing. I've been working on the other academy types, but it's just not getting through. People are too worried about not getting winged, as if a pair of freaking shoes is going to hurt your chances. Some people just need to grow a pair. Screw it, it's time for ladies night at fish house.

@Phrog. I'll be there for your social tomorrow sir. First round's on me.

phrogpilot73

I didn't even know it was open for lunch. I had always heard that it only did catering.
Let this be a lesson to you... ALWAYS check the O'Club. It was the first destination my buddy and I checked for lunch when I was going through TACP school in Little Creek, only to find out they only did catering/special events. The exact words from the manager were "we use to do lunch, but nobody came. If you can get enough people to come to lunch, we'd gladly open."

It's YOUR O'Club. Service sucks? Talk to the manager. Want a menu change? Talk to the manger. Sad a particular beer is gone? Talk to the manager. I've NEVER, in over TEN YEARS met an O'Club manager that wasn't willing to listen to his/her patrons and make changes to increase patronage.

It's a two way street though. If you talk to the manager, and then don't go...

Since I've already been asked - if you're at the O'Club tomorrow, I'll be the guy in a green flight suit. Seriously though, I'm the only guy with an HMM-774 "Wild Goose" patch on. And special for tomorrow, I might just wear my CH-46E Endangered Species patch on my shoulder...

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
A few months back when I was in API they had sushi wednesdays at lunch. I think we tried it once, and waited over 1/2 hour to even get waited on at which point they said "sushi wait is over an hour right now...want something else?" So we got burgers which then took another full 1/2 to get to us. Add another 25 minute wait for the check and I think you get the picture of why I never went back. Not bad for Friday happy hour though....as long as there was space at the bar.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
Lunch tomorrow, eh? And you want that parking spot filled? I'll see what I can do.

And as far as the brown shoes go, I concur - it's ridiculous. I look around at the sea of black and it makes me a little nauseous...seasick maybe...probably because I feel like I'm on a surface warship.

Kycntryboy

pilot
Take advantage of the club while you are there... Pensacola O-club>Whiting Combined club (really good food)>>>>>>>>>>Meridian Combined club (not good at all) Standard Mississippi though.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Don't even get me started on the whole brown shoe thing. I've been working on the other academy types, but it's just not getting through. People are too worried about not getting winged, as if a pair of freaking shoes is going to hurt your chances. Some people just need to grow a pair. Screw it, it's time for ladies night at fish house.

They need to be educated on the History. SNAs brought brown shoes to naval aviation. Tell them that and then kick them in the balls.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Take advantage of the club while you are there... Pensacola O-club>Whiting Combined club (really good food)>>>>>>>>>>Meridian Combined club (not good at all) Standard Mississippi though.

At least you have MOMS for some decent chow @ NMM.

BTW, if you are looking for some GOOD BBQ @ NAS Pensacola, head on down to the marina near the back gate. There's a little chuck wagon near the water. The BBQ lunch plate is awesome.

-ea6bflyr ;)

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Do they still have the little burger/dog stand inside the fence by VT-86's hangar? Now THAT was the best/cheapest lunch on base

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
They need to be educated on the History. SNAs brought brown shoes to naval aviation. Tell them that and then kick them in the balls.

I don't know how many times I've told the brown shoe story to ensigns spouting the "Not until I get wings, I don't want to jinx myself" bullshit, but even that rarely works. I really think we need somebody with some eagles or stars on their collars to come in to A-pool muster and rip those SWO-wannabe motherfuckers apart.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
A buddy of mine was telling me something similar. I thought it would be good to have a star come down there and tell the first yo-yo he found in muster with black shoes he was being redesignated 1110 unless he/she got brown shoes on their feet within 5 min.

Maybe 5 min is a little long though...

magnetfreezer

Do they still have the little burger/dog stand inside the fence by VT-86's hangar? Now THAT was the best/cheapest lunch on base

If you mean the grill tent on the Blue Angels/TW-6 side of the hangar it is still open some days when the weather is good.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So you young guys better man up because you have caused my husband to sound like a raving lunatic on the Internet...sweet. And if he shits on you because you didn't man up and you run crying to somebody I'll find you when I'm down there in March and fix the issue. And seriously if you are an Aviator (even if you are a student) wear your F*CKING BROWN SHOES. BE PROUD OF YOUR DESIGNATOR!!! Talking about jinxing yourself is bullshit

Wow, now you guys are being called P*SSIES by a SWO. Wow. I thought I'd never see the day. Man up, boys!

-ea6bflyr ;)

H20man

Drill baby drill!
<---has a slight feeling if he doesn't show up to the club tomorrow he will be found and shit upon.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
I went about two months back on a Friday, for happy hour. It's a really nice place. I didn't park in the ENS spot just because it seemed too good to be true. I had visions of coming out to see my car getting plastic wrapped by a pair of giddy LTs.

We had a few pitchers, and a very nice O-4 bought us a pitcher of Newcastle. It's a good place to pre-game for the night. After all, Pensacola girls look a lot better when you've already got a few in your system.