• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Alpha Company 08

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Once the cluster that is room assignments is over, you'll get a brief from the Comcast people who'll get you set up. This is about a week after you pick up.
Ugh, I almost forgot about playing musical rooms ...

MettGT

pilot
^^ So you mean I have to wait a week until I can check my myspace! unsat!

Pretty much...but rest assured if you can still get your myspace/AW fix if you go to Panera on Garrisonville Rd. Just be back before the back gate closes or you get to take the scenic route home. :D

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
^^ So you mean I have to wait a week until I can check my myspace! unsat!

WELCOME TO TBS...

fat-straws.jpg

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
So myself and the other Lts at our OSO our headed out to Quantico a week from today. So far I've managed to buy some cold-weather supplies (underarmour, thorlos, neck-warmer, etc.), taken care of some vehicle repairs, double checked that I do infact have all the needed paperwork, etc. etc. Am I forgetting anything? Any words of advice for the trip out there? (I'm driving from socal) I know I'm getting 62c/mile so its not a bad deal...

I had a Captain recommend that I buy an REI fleece... he said it'll keep me warmer than the issued fleeces because they have been washed and reused many times. good gouge?

Conaway

So myself and the other Lts at our OSO our headed out to Quantico a week from today. So far I've managed to buy some cold-weather supplies (underarmour, thorlos, neck-warmer, etc.), taken care of some vehicle repairs, double checked that I do infact have all the needed paperwork, etc. etc. Am I forgetting anything? Any words of advice for the trip out there? (I'm driving from socal) I know I'm getting 62c/mile so its not a bad deal...

I had a Captain recommend that I buy an REI fleece... he said it'll keep me warmer than the issued fleeces because they have been washed and reused many times. good gouge?

I got a brand new issued fleece. Seems decent quality, though I can't remember the name. I'd wait until you get your gear. There will be time to get extras.

MettGT

pilot

The Polartec issued fleece is awesome. We got ours brand new when I was there last January. Save your money.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
I got a brand new issued fleece. Seems decent quality, though I can't remember the name. I'd wait until you get your gear. There will be time to get extras.

Agreed - don't buy a thing until you go to gear issue - trust me you'll need the beer money and money for a myriad of other $hit that they might deem "mandatory"

Semper yut

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
I want to wish you all good luck before stepping out to LZ6 to meet the buses departing to the FBI Academy for grad rehearsal.

I wouldn't trade places with you for anything. :p

invertedflyer

^^ Thanks for the info gents .. I will NOT be buying a fleece until I see if the one they issue me is new or not. Honestly, I can't wait to get out there... I'm sure I'll probably be itching to get it done once I'm a couple months in... but right now I just can't wait to train. Any other advice that you may have is welcomed and appreciated.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
The issued cold WX boots treated me just fine... If there is any chance of things being wet in the field I would stick with the jungle boots (with the vent hole things ... technical term, BTW ;) ) and go with some warmer socks instead (multiple pairs). That's just me ...

invertedflyer

^^ good choices IMO... I've got two pairs of good jungles and 1 good pair ICBs.. bought some thick and thin socks... I'm sure come april/may jungles will be a little more comfy. LIG.