• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Alpha Company 08

Clux4

Banned
I forget how the companies run these days but if you going to be Fox or Alpha, you may need to consider a pair down the road. I did not like the issued ICB's. For one, they were dead fitting and so I could not wear a thick pair of sock. They just sucked when you had to be out in the elements for a week.
Maybe I am just a sissy and the chill blanes are not as bad?!

MettGT

pilot
I forget how the companies run these days but if you going to be Fox or Alpha, you may need to consider a pair down the road. I did not like the issued ICB's. For one, they were dead fitting and so I could not wear a thick pair of sock. They just sucked when you had to be out in the elements for a week.
Maybe I am just a sissy and the chill blanes are not as bad?!

No, I'd say that it gets pretty miserable out in the Quantico highlands. You can only do so much before you go internal.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
sounds like I need to watch "Alone and Unafraid" again and make sure I'm putting the right things into my OODA loop.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Fox missed the "frozen" monicker when they added Golf Co in Fox's time slot. Alpha is so screwed though. Sorry gents...It's just true.

I too got a brand new fleece. The Marine Corps has been issuing them for a few years and they're so money. I would instead sink money into gloves. The inserts with faux leather shells SUCK at keeping hands warm. The inserts make my hands colder than if I had nothing. And for all the "if the Corps don't issue it, then you can't wear it" crowd...Everybody knows that there's WAY better off the shelf technology than some of the stuff the Marine Corps has been issuing for so many years. We've come a long way on a lot of gear in the past 10 years, but stuff like gloves just gets overlooked.

invertedflyer

^^ any recommendations as far as brand is concerned? I've got some dakine gloves but I'm sure theres something better out there.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
None yet. NLT 31 October, I'm going to reconnoiter gloves at REI and Gander Mountain IOT prevent the weather from interfering with the main effort attack on the MSR networks in the Quanitco Highlands.

Little bit of lame TBS humor for you. Damn this Kool-Aid is good.

Clux4

Banned
Folks, the CRF has fought fiercely in every clime and place on that island.

Now, go and fight for we are spartans !!

jdnew

I, for one, am for peace in Centralia. When will the fighting stop? Cant we, the CRF and the Montanyans get along? Alas, it is no longer my problem. For as of Friday at 1000 I am done. I wish you all the best of luck.
Oh, and a piece of advice for future companies... LZ OWL does not exist! Yes, I went there. Have fun.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Oh, and a piece of advice for future companies... LZ OWL does not exist! Yes, I went there. Have fun.

It does exist, it's just that the road that is supposed to lead there is way the f*ck off. I found the mystic LZ tho - it was near my last point I walked right through it on my way back to the CP. Is it sad that I remember that a year and a half later?

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
LZ Owl is there, but it is a giant mess of 6 to 9 foot scrub now, and the road is a big no go as an attack point.

How damn hard is it to get a map that is less than 25 years old anyway? I'd be happy with ten years old, and even then I don't care if topo changes are made so much as the land nav overlay.

TheFurr7198

there are a few things tougher to find that LZ Owl and that is the box in the final nav area that has completely been knocked into the ground by a fallen tree. Those are fun to find. One thing that I wish I had done during land nav that I saw someone do is the use of bino's. Burn through that vegatation to find the box, it works. It could very well save you from walking off course to far and not finding your box. On a side note the fleece is money but nothing beats going internal at the end of the day wearing your beany and climbing into the black mamba for 2 hours because there will be some reason to have to get out. Fire watch from the mamba is a great comfort based decision but can lead to trouble. Anyways good luck to everyone who is having to go to that awful place.

Team Punishment 1-08

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
How about the land nav box that is no longer red but a brown rust color that matches perfectly with the surrounding trees ... those were my personal favorites. Gotta love the punishment ... "you signed up for this shit!" :D

invertedflyer

None yet. NLT 31 October, I'm going to reconnoiter gloves at REI and Gander Mountain IOT prevent the weather from interfering with the main effort attack on the MSR networks in the Quanitco Highlands.

Little bit of lame TBS humor for you. Damn this Kool-Aid is good.

I've been in for 5 and the Kool Aid still tastes good... however, comma, I spent 4 years in motard grunt-land... loved it.... but I'm ready to freakin swing with the wing, buy my nasty snack food, enjoy the A/C, play my playstation, and turn the freakin off switch to my damn mind :) I guess thats what 6 month courses in frozen highlands are for... yawn... we there yet? kill bodies.

P.S. The On switch will be re-engaged once I reach pilot land. yay.

Clux4

Banned
Are you kidding me, I would lay my ISO mat behind the saw with my legs in the mamba . I then drop my kevlar just a little to where it seems as if I am sighting-in. Combat rack-ops was in effect!!
It really sucks when the guy on the SAW is snoring loud!

Hope we never have to fight the Ruskies on their terrain. It might just be Chosin part deux!

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
How about the land nav box that is no longer red but a brown rust color that matches perfectly with the surrounding trees ... those were my personal favorites. Gotta love the punishment ... "you signed up for this shit!" :D

I came across one that was broken, on the deck. That was fun.

I think my favorite part was coming up with every acronym possible.

PICMDEEP, FOCDPIG, PDEEDR anyone?