• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Alpha Company 08

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Thats right folks, the thread you have been waiting for has arrived!

I'd just like to open up this thread to those of you going to arctic alpha in October. Like many of you I'm starting PTAD a month from today and i can't wait. For saltier TBS Lts. I have a few questions regarding coming back to Quantico.

1. Should I bring passport, birth certificate, and other legal documents?

2. Does anyone know which dates we'll get for Christmas? I think it was like the 21st to the 1st for previous classes.

3. Any gouge on people getting pushed back to Mike? Are they still doing it off of PFT scores?

4. Will I be required to get a VA driver's license, license plates?

The Big Suck is nearing gents... lets embrace it ;)

Riper Snifle

OCC 194 TBS C 03-07
I graduated Charlie Company 07, and I was in IFS for a few months after that. Mike Company filled up considerably, so you might have a wait no matter what. A lot of guy's/gal's checked in with orders thatsaid no later than 2359 for that day, but if they did not check in by noon they got pushed into Mike, (just a numbers game). So do not wait until the last minute. Also the 3 major sources of sorting were- medical, PFT, and Swim quals- pilots and NFO's this means Class 1. Anyone who did not meet this criteria was pushed back. After that it just seemed like they made up reasons to push people back. It might be different when you get there, but that was the situation when I left. I hope that helps and good luck. :)

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor

I'd just like to open up this thread to those of you going to arctic alpha in October. Like many of you I'm starting PTAD a month from today and i can't wait. For saltier TBS Lts. I have a few questions regarding coming back to Quantico.

2. Does anyone know which dates we'll get for Christmas? I think it was like the 21st to the 1st for previous classes.

3. Any gouge on people getting pushed back to Mike? Are they still doing it off of PFT scores?

1) No
2) Something like that
3) With TBS now standing up Golf Company, the numbers game might not such a factor and they may take everyone as they come in. The big reason for rolling people back was the fact that they had too many Lt's in the company. Now that shouldn't be a prob. Just don't show up as a BCP Marine and you'll be fine.
4) No

Salty Delta 07 as well. Kill.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
From fluffy fox (that's what Capt Goetz, the XO who used to be an alpha spc, calls us because frozen fox doesnt apply anymore) flight contracts didnt get pushed back for not having 1st class, otherwise there would only be 150 people in the company. The MCIWSs are ruthless about the stroke assessments out here.

We had 330 coming on deck, and after medical and people getting orders for two days later than they were supposed to, we got the company down to 298 so we didnt have to cut people based on PFT, even though we were all ready for it to happen.

Have fun in zero week...100% skull draggery.

invertedflyer

Thanks for the comments and information gents. I'm a pretty strong swimmer so I'm not worried about swim qual... and my last PFT was 292. Whats the earliest that I can check in? I'll probably show up at around 0800 if I can.

Kill.

... still waiting for future Alpha CO motivators to check in... where u at fellas?

bradler

I take you are a Air Contrat? If you are check in as early as possible... 0800. Don't listen to any skuttle about who is going to be let in or not... it is all wrong. I came as early as possible and I was glad I did. But don't worry about mike with the extra company on deck worry about where to park.

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
Thanks for the comments and information gents. I'm a pretty strong swimmer so I'm not worried about swim qual... and my last PFT was 292. Whats the earliest that I can check in? I'll probably show up at around 0800 if I can.

Kill.

... still waiting for future Alpha CO motivators to check in... where u at fellas?

DON'T show up at 0800! I did when I checked in and got hosed. I don't know what day they have you scheduled to check in, but mine was on a Sunday (because of Thanksgiving). I figured it was gonna be a quick in-and-out because it was the weekend. Turns out we were stuck there until about midnight, and had to be back on deck at like 0600 Monday, only to have the same crap continue all week long. Besides, if you check in early, you might get tapped for a working party. Don't go in before noon.

I take you are a Air Contrat? If you are check in as early as possible...

What makes Air Contracts different? I was the first student XO of Charlie Company (a real shitty job to have off the bat, especially with who was the staff XO), and we already had planned on who was going to what platoon. We get a list from MCRC, giving us all those scheduled to report in along with what contract they are on. From there, it's the "Quality Spread" game that you will hear so much about, but for the most part, people stayed where they were put. There is nothing special about air contracts than ground contracts in the first week, except maybe the medical screening and swimming quals, and that stuff doesn't happen until after the first day. But then again, this was a year and a half ago and things might have changed.

Bottom line, take your time with your last day of freedom, since you will soon find out how little of it you actually have once the train gets moving. But don't be the guy that checks in at 2359 because the orders say you can. Not a good way to start six months of fun.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot

I just returned from a deployment to Centralia and have the following information regarding your questions.

1. Sure, anything that you might need.
2. No idea, it can change.
3. Mike Co is small right now. When I checked in 02Jan08 it ended up being the largest company on deck with around 350. You shouldn't have to worry about checking in early, but I'd do it anyway. And they didn't go by PFT when B Co picked up, which is why I hung out in Mike for three months until Charlie picked up, it was "first come, first serve."
4. No.

invertedflyer

DON'T show up at 0800! I did when I checked in and got hosed. I don't know what day they have you scheduled to check in, but mine was on a Sunday (because of Thanksgiving). I figured it was gonna be a quick in-and-out because it was the weekend. Turns out we were stuck there until about midnight, and had to be back on deck at like 0600 Monday, only to have the same crap continue all week long. Besides, if you check in early, you might get tapped for a working party. Don't go in before noon.

What makes Air Contracts different?
I was the first student XO of Charlie Company (a real shitty job to have off the bat, especially with who was the staff XO), and we already had planned on who was going to what platoon. We get a list from MCRC, giving us all those scheduled to report in along with what contract they are on. From there, it's the "Quality Spread" game that you will hear so much about, but for the most part, people stayed where they were put. There is nothing special about air contracts than ground contracts in the first week, except maybe the medical screening and swimming quals, and that stuff doesn't happen until after the first day. But then again, this was a year and a half ago and things might have changed.

Bottom line, take your time with your last day of freedom, since you will soon find out how little of it you actually have once the train gets moving. But don't be the guy that checks in at 2359 because the orders say you can. Not a good way to start six months of fun.

1. That sounds like a non-standard situation.

2. I know, I know, and.... I know ;) don't worry I'm not gonna be that guy thats touting my Air Contract status... I'm gonna be in stealth mode.

invertedflyer

I just returned from a deployment to Centralia and have the following information regarding your questions.

1. Sure, anything that you might need.
2. No idea, it can change.
3. Mike Co is small right now. When I checked in 02Jan08 it ended up being the largest company on deck with around 350. You shouldn't have to worry about checking in early, but I'd do it anyway. And they didn't go by PFT when B Co picked up, which is why I hung out in Mike for three months until Charlie picked up, it was "first come, first serve."
4. No.

I'm planning on coming early. Where did you stay the night prior to checking in? thanks for the info.

bradler

What makes Air Contracts different? I was the first student XO of Charlie Company (a real shitty job to have off the bat, especially with who was the staff XO), and we already had planned on who was going to what platoon. We get a list from MCRC, giving us all those scheduled to report in along with what contract they are on. From there, it's the "Quality Spread" game that you will hear so much about, but for the most part, people stayed where they were put. There is nothing special about air contracts than ground contracts in the first week, except maybe the medical screening and swimming quals, and that stuff doesn't happen until after the first day. But then again, this was a year and a half ago and things might have changed.

Alright well yours was way different then our check. We checked (myself at 0800) and were given room key and told to change... then told we didn't have to be on deck til 1600 so the whole day I ran errands, went to eat. So I guess everyone's experience is different it depends on the company student staff... ours rocked. I say being an air contract to show up early because the class might be full, they usually have assigned number of air contracts that they allow to class then the rest go straight to Mike. Like I said everyone has different experiences so do what you want. Our check i was great.. no bullshit... just reported... room key... move a few things in and do what you want till 1600. Later