• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Alpha Company 08

semperwife

Haha No he is not my husband. BUT my husband was an SPC around the same time he was (different companies though). ;)

We were at the Hail and Farewell this past summer when Colonel Smith farewelled him and announced what he was doing.

yatyas

Yeah, we shared an MOS. You know it's bad when fellow Capt's are badmouthing someone to new Lts. He is/was special

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
For those of you following this thread... I think theres like 1.5 of you out there... a few tips I've found helpful.

1) gloves: use mechanix/apline star motorcyle gloves... they have knuckle padding and bottom side padding while maintaining dexterity... if you're with a winter company they WILL keep your hands warm and your trigger finger will fit through the trigger guard of most weapons with ease.

2) long sleeve underarmour for damn near everything to include humps (winter companies)

3) blackhawk MOLLE II pouches if you're feeling gear queer enough

4) check in early, you already know this but its very true. I was one of the last 3 air guys that were grabbed up and the TOD was only 0930. true story.

5) this info isn't free... I take donations of donuts, posters, and other knick-knacks.

6) don't get a high and tight... you will .... but at least make it a high reg.. please.

no really. med reg.

out.

invertedflyer

There used to be a new CFI there by the name of Malachi Gray, I am not sure he still there. I think he was just building hours until he could go regional. It is an ok place. Are you just trying to get some hours in before IFS?
Check out Culpepper, there is a flight school there. There is also an airpark on Route 1. There is a new airport at Stafford but I am not sure there is a flight school there.

sure enough Malachi is still listed as an instructor. noted :icon_smil Also, checked out culpeper... got a ride in a VT-17 painted SNJ --- joining up with their CAF capital sq. when time allows. good stuff.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Getting a medium reg and keeping it really long on top just screams "I'm really a motivated douche, but I don't want to seem like it so I'm gonna get a hair cut that makes me look dumpy and disheveled."

We can see through your ploy. Jut get a high reg and be uber-yutty like all the other motivators.

all smilies...of coure.

invertedflyer

well... as a pfc it was high and tight... senior LCpl High Reg ... Cpl med. reg... now its low reg Gents... natural progression... years in + style coefficient + x and y = somewhat cool haircut?

alright you're on to me. at least I know where the CRF HQ is... and you guys were right, LZ grouse turly does not exist :) *sneaks handful of potato chips smothered in mayonnaise* harrummm I'm glad theres no PT here at TBS....mmmm.