• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Your Mom is a Garbage Shore-Tour

Austin-Powers

Powers By Name, Powers By Reputation
Every base has its upsides, downsides, lovers, and haters. A lot of it depends on where you are in your life and your interests. If you like backpacking and the great outdoors than Whidbey isn't bad. If youre a young single JO looking for love then SD may your place. If you're married with kids then looking to have a home in a good school district may make SD seem less appealing. A lot of Helo guys hate NOB but the jet guys fight get to Oceana. Some guys are terrified of going to Japan and others will never leave. Different folks, different strokes.

What if you want your list long and distinguished?

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Since this has been derailed to a Whidbey thread. Any great trail running recommendations for my TDY up there in April?

I'm only up there ~1 week and can probably only use the rental car once.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Out of curiosity, how much of the processing are you doing in-camera and how much in post (for the videos)? Gear?

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Kind of a sidebar, but one of the best investments I made at the start of my career was a nice DSLR and zoom (75-300mm) lens.

Those immortalized memories are priceless.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
@nittany03 @Brett327 Great pics. But really, May thru August? SOME days over maybe a 4 month period? That makes it a fine destination, not a residence. I have relatives up on the Olympic peninsula and visited frequently as a child, detted up there on active duty and still make an occasional trip. The pictures don't lie, well except it isn't the whole story. Honestly, when was the last time you were happy with a purchase or other decision that satisfied you barely 25% of the time? For my money, most of the Northwest is someplace I visit to enjoy when it is worth it.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
@nittany03 @Brett327 For my money, most of the Northwest is someplace I visit to enjoy when it is worth it.
Great. That'll work out well for all parties interested.

Conditions are very different on the peninsula than on the mainland, than on the islands, than in north sound, than in south sound. To point to the Olympic peninsula and hold that up as a symbol of PACNW weather is foolish. Death Valley is hot(!), CA must be the worst!

AIRMMCPORET

Plan “A” Retired
And you get this when Canada’s cold air sneaks in, currently it is warming up to 30 degrees.?

Attachments

• CAE38930-AEDD-4CA6-925F-1F65E81D7E1E.jpeg
    CAE38930-AEDD-4CA6-925F-1F65E81D7E1E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9