• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Your chances are....(penalty box for those who can't help asking about their chances)

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Picking a service because it may be "easier" isn't exactly a good idea.

Hit the books and bring up your scores---and then it'll be a non-issue.

Raptor2216

So does anyone know what the actual minimums are on the ASTB for Marine Aviation?

Also, I was wondering why a lot of people are going for flying heavies these days? does it have to do with not going to sea or lack of jets?

If you don't fly something that can land on a carrier, are the rest going to iraq lately?

What are you talking about dude? I'd really like to see the person responsible for spreading this false gouge. Where did you hear it?

btlawson22

As I said before:

I'm Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I got the impression a lot were flying big planes as an actual stat. I just have a few people around that have gotten c-130 and are happy about it like they went for it. These people were originally going to be jet pilots. Just thought I fine out what you all thought.

Still looking for someone with the actual needed ASTB score for the Marines. I can't get a call back from the OSO in my area.

smulet

So does anyone know what the actual minimums are on the ASTB for Marine Aviation?

One guy said it was based on your OSO. My OSO says 4, 6, 6 is the minimum. The 4 would be general academic... the first 6 is if you want to be a pilot and the last 6 is if you want to be NFO. At least that's how it was explained to me.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
As to the flying heavies comments:

A lot of people go into primary (most) wanting jets. A lot decide they don't want them for various reasons; Some self-select, some don't actually like the aero and whatnot, some just don't have the grades. Even the ones who still want jets but know they don't have a shot will often tell you they no longer want them. Lets be honest, that is human nature. "Anyways, I didn't really want to go to Harvard. I'm glad I'm going to S.E. Hickman State aux. campus. It is a better fit for me."

Not that jets are Harvard and everything else is crap by any stretch. But jets do have the highest cutting score and are kind of the romanticized end of flying for most people early on.

jooman360

Professionally Recommended, now what?

So I talked to the officer recruiter and he said I was professionally recommended for pilot, nfo, and supply has not met yet. Is there anything but medical and security clearance that would prevent me from being final select.

Lobster

So I talked to the officer recruiter and he said I was professionally recommended for pilot, nfo, and supply has not met yet. Is there anything but medical and security clearance that would prevent me from being final select.

just don't get arrested or do anything else to fvck it up ;)

grant_davis

Just tell them you would rather give me the SNA slot. From what I have read you probably wouldn't like it... Haha good job bud, good luck!

jooman360

OK so I talked to the recruiter today and he said after they look at medical and security clearance the board still has to make the final select decision. He said they also look at the application again and make cuts if necessary(that was the gist of it). Can anyone give me odds of being final select after pro rec if medical and security clearance are OKed? The suspense is killing me.