• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Your chances are....(penalty box for those who can't help asking about their chances)

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
pilot.jpg

No why would that pilot be jamming the throttles to full thrust?

So fast in fact his hand is a blur in this slow sunset exposure.

Unless he's just messing with the pax.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
No why would that pilot be jamming the throttles to full thrust? So fast in fact his hand is a blur ...

Because:

He's behind the power curve ...

He's STALLING !!!! .... :eek:

He's an idiot ...

The lens is EXTREMELY slo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-w ...

He's a California Surfer ... at least, he's got the hair ...

He's got a twitch ...

He's an actor/model/model plane ...

He's AFU ...

He's AFU+ ...

Note: this IS a multiple choice test.

pilot.jpg

NOTE: THIS IS A GRADED TEST !!!

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
Because:

He's behind the power curve ...

He's STALLING !!!! .... :eek:

He's an idiot ...

The lens is EXTREMELY slo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-w ...

He's a California Surfer ... at least, he's got the hair ...

He's got a twitch ...

He's an actor/model/model plane ...

He's AFU ...

He's AFU+ ...

Note: this IS a multiple choice test.

pilot.jpg

NOTE: THIS IS A GRADED TEST !!!

Actor/model/model plane?

Pumblchook

How hard is it to get jets.

I am new to the forum and I am just wondering if anyone knows how hard it is to get jets. What percent generally get jets out of API.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Locked this thread as to the OP either fucking around or not asking the question in an appropriate way.

ccollins

Application Questions

Hello:

I recently began the process of applying to become a NAVY Officer. As a little background my info:

• Currently Pursuing a Law Degree at George Mason
  • BS in Political Science/Economics Minor Summa Cum Laude 3.96/4.0
  • Broad range of IT/Logistics/Supervisory work experience
Although I am currently in law school, I do not intend to become a lawyer. I realized my true calling is elsewhere, and I have always had a strong desire to serve my country. Thus, I hope to join the NAVY before I complete my law degree. I have strong IT skills and I am a very fast learner.

My question is this. Based on my background and interests, do I have a viable chance of obtaining an Intelligence Commission? If so, what can I do to improve my chances? I am currently drafting my motivational statement, and I was wondering what I should highlight in it? If Intel is not viable, do you have any suggestions for other programs I should apply for? Right now I have Intell as my first choice, NFO as my second, and Supply as my third.

I really appreciate any and all help you can offer!

Corey

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
My advice to you would be to finish law school first, so long as you'll still be within age limits afterward. It'll be much harder to pick up where you left off 5+ years from now than to just finish it up. Even if you decide not to use it right away, it's not a bad thing to have.

Your background looks like something intel would want. If you are fluent in another language, that will also help.

In your motivational statement, simply answer the following 3 questions: why do you want to be a Naval officer? What can you offer the Navy? What would you gain by serving as an officer?

Thunderkiss

ENS - SNFO
To bad youre not wanting to continue with law... here are a few perks of it:

ODS instead of OCS, you get to eat normal in the chow hall, you are an ensign while in the program and graduate to LTJG, ODS is 6 weeks instead of 12. Ive even seen them on liberty right away and playing Xbox etc.

The other 3 paths you mentioned... will be much harder... so consider that first.

As for your motivational statement, highlight topics concerning honor courage and commitment. How your experiences have displayed those qualities. Your life experience will give them some idea if you are ready or not. Intel is pretty hard to get in to. Count on not getting it and act as tho it is a gift if you do. You will need high scores on your ASTB in conjunction with the background you already posted in order to get intel.

TK

ccollins

I really appreciate all of your help. I have a follow on question. I appreciate your advice to remain in law school. But, I came to law school with serious misgivings because I felt my true calling was in the military. Those misgivings have multiplied and my performance has shown its result. As a caveat, my grades are not horrible. I have a 3.1 which I know sounds low, but it places me in the upper 25th percentile of my class. Law school grades are odd, and tough.

I know it sounds nuts to leave school. I have a job offer for a 160k position with a firm I really like (I worked there this summer). But I just do not think that I am serving myself, or my country by staying in school.

With that in mind, if I choose to apply now, should I address why I am leaving law school in my motivational statement?

bsrobles

CCollins,
I say follow your heart, but be smart about the decisions you make in your life. I feel the exact same way as you. If your heart is to serve your country then do it. There is no better feeling than to know you're doing something that satisfy your soul. Happiness is not always about money.
If you think that by joining the Navy will make you a better person than GO FOR IT, there is no better feeling than to know you are happy doing something you love than to be "stuck" somewhere were your heart is really not there.

Good luck with your decision!

bsrobles

Does anyone have the links to the ASTB exams and ASVAB exams.

I'm considering joining the NAVY as an Officer as well.

Does anyone know the process to it? and any materials that any of you have used?

thanks I really appreciate it =O)

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN
Keep in mind, Intel is hard to get into. Its one of the most popular designators. Sounds like you don’t want to be a lawyer, so no need in suggesting that you stay, complete your degree and become a JAG O. So, drop out (don’t worry, you’ll get a chance to get your graduates once you get in, you may even get to go to post graduate school), and apply for Intel. Like I said, its hard to get into, so have a back up plan. SWO is a bit more easier to get into, and you can lateral transfer from SWO to Intel.
Well, that’s my 2cents… don’t stay with something you won’t like or enjoy. If you don’t like law school, the get the hell out of there and apply for your commission. Remember first happiness, then money, then things… <<I heard that somewhere… can’t remember who or where, but it sounded good.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Something to keep in mind that if you decide to go career down the line, you'll have to get a Master's or better at some point. It might be harder to go back to school 5+ years from now than to just finish up now.